2

To say Jungkook had a life of "the proud son of heaven" was an understatement.

He was born into the Jeon family and was naturally gifted. Growing up with a dazzling halo, he lived a smooth-sailing life. In his early twenties, he graduated from an Ivy League university and then returned home to take over the family business from his father. Within a few years, Jungkook secured the position of the Jeon Group's successor with his own strength.

It was as if he lived life in easy mode.

Lisa had seen his interviews and reports more than once in various financial magazines and online, nearly all of which praised him endlessly. There were also many girls starry-eyed over him, shouting to marry him and even Lisa was no exception.

However, his perfect life ended abruptly when he was 26.

During this year, the halo surrounding Jungkook dissolved, and he underwent the worst year of his life.

First, his mother, unfortunately, passed away in a shipwreck while on a cruise. Not long after, Jungkook lost his eyesight after a car accident and was left with darkness being his only companion.

Henceforth, the star lost its luster and God's favored one fell from heaven.

Although the Jeon family did their utmost best to stop the news from spreading, all kinds of rumors about Jungkook spread from "dying in a car accident" to "becoming a vegetable"... The internal strife within the family business intensified, and the major shareholders began to get restless.

When she first heard the rumors, Lisa didn't believe them and thought it was another gimmick that unscrupulous media outlets exaggerated. How could Jungkook, a person who was born with a protagonist's halo, meet such an end? Until–she heard the exact same news from Daesung.

Only then did she believe that something had happened to Jungkook.

Due to the car accident, Jungkook suffered from grave injuries and went into a coma. He laid unconscious in the hospital for two months, and when he finally woke up, he was blind. Junghwan spent a lot of money to invite renowned specialists from abroad and domestically for consultations, nevertheless, it was to no avail.

It was very likely that Jungkook was going to spend the rest of his life enveloped within the darkness.

Of course, if it weren't for this, Lisa would not have been able to take advantage of him with this marriage alliance.

Prior to his accident, the heiresses that wanted to marry Jungkook and align themselves with the Jeon family all squeezed their heads and dauntlessly threw themself at him. For Lisa, "the Elder Miss of the Kim family" whose existence was practically nonexistent, she wouldn't have even been considered.

Looking at the incomparably attractive man in the room, that tiny regret in Lisa's heart completely disappeared.

Such a high-quality man, even if he was blind, marrying him would still be worth it!

Definitely worth it!

As she was lost in her own thoughts, an indifferent deep voice suddenly disrupted the silence like the night rain echoing through the ear–.

"What is it?"

The man slightly frowned as he spoke, a hint of impatience appearing in his tone.

Lisa returned to her senses and just when she was about to say something, she suddenly changed her mind.

She cleared her throat, adjusted her tone, and said respectfully, "Greetings, Eldest Young Master, I am the new caretaker that Mr. Jeon hired, and in the future, I will be responsible for your meals and daily necessities."