19

Lisa didn't calm down until she was out of the house and in the car. Her heart pounded relentlessly.

The redness in her cheeks didn't fade for a while, and she leaned against the seat to calm herself. She twisted the wedding ring on her finger and inwardly complained

How could this man switch acts so fast?

She looked up and out the window. Her gaze became unfocused, and no one would be able to tell what she was thinking.

The distant sun set on a westward incline. The golden rays filtered through the flowers and trees to produce a luminous glow like in a picturesque landscape.

When she arrived at the restaurant, night had already fallen.

Stars speckled the sky in the early night.

Lisa pushed the door open to exit the car then looked up at the restaurant name sign flashing in front of her. Bright colors met her gaze.

She lifted her hair behind her shoulders to tidy her appearance. She raised her chin and straightened her back before walking forward with confidence.

The hem of her skirt blew with the wind like fire in the night, dazzling the eyes.

Inside the private room, most of the studio's employees had already arrived and sat at one table, talking and laughing. Some had even started pouring the alcohol.

Lisa entered with the sounds of her heels tapping against the floor, drawing many gazes to the doorway.

Her delicate, womanly figure was accentuated by the dress swaying gently with her movements. Her beautiful face attracted the attention of all.

Lisa approached them with a slight smile before greeting Namjoon and sitting down in an empty seat beside Jennie.

Everyone went silent.

Namjoon saw her dazzling appearance, and a look of confusion flashed across his face. He couldn't guess what she wanted to do.

Jennie noticed her unusual temperament, so she approached Lisa and whispered excitedly, "Are you going to announce some news today?"

Lisa looked up and smiled, not saying a word.

Most of the people present had quietly observed the allegations explode across the Internet, so when they saw her, subtle looks were exchanged.

Lisa glanced around at people's reactions before pausing at two girls that sat diagonally across from her

the two who were gossiping about her in the bathroom the other day.

The two girls avoided her eyes, appearing slightly uncomfortable.

Lisa retracted her gaze and straightened out the hem of her dress.

"Lili, your dress is so pretty!" a baby-faced little sister praised her, admiring her dress.

The man next to her chuckled and said, "Those who are beautiful can wear anything and make it beautiful. How else could she be the face of our studio?"

The girl turned and glared at him. "I didn't say that she wasn't pretty! Why are you talking?"

The man immediately raised his right hand and fervently asked for forgiveness, "I was wrong; I'm sorry! I'll shut my mouth!"

The room instantly erupted in laughter.

Lisa also smiled. She fixed her hair and showed a shy expression, saying, "You think so? My husband had this custom made for me by a designer."