21

Jungkook's cold lasted for approximately a week.

Because of this, Junghwan rushed back from his business trip in advance.

Lisa was afraid that Junghwan would blame her for not taking good care of Jungkook. She retrained her usual willful personality and behaved gently–even her voice was a few decibels lower.

Fortunately, Junghwan was reasonable and was not angry with her. He asked kindly about Jungkook's condition.

Lisa took the opportunity to ask for Jungkook's medical record, and she studied it carefully.

Jungkook finally got better a week later.

A weight was lifted off of Lisa's shoulders. And just as she wanted to make up for all the sleep she lost in the past few days, Namjoon suddenly called to ask her if she would record a theme song for an anime.

Namjoon knew that Lisa could sing. In the past, she would also sing for the theme songs for radio dramas when she wasn't dubbing.

However, she had few aspirations. She was in her early twenties but acted like a middle aged woman. She had many skills but didn't care much about them.

She worked hard and was never careless in her projects, but she always lacked ambition.

"We already had a singer scheduled, but the plans changed, and now the project deadline is coming up soon. I just told them that you could try it. The lyrics have been written, and music has already been produced, so you can go ahead and sing it."

Lisa thought for a bit before asking, "Can I practice the song at home?"

Namjoon didn't understand how she became a "homebody" after getting married, but he said, "Yes, you can come in to record in the studio after you finish rehearsing."

It doesn't take much time to record a song, Lisa agreed, hesitant, "Then I'll try it."

Namjoon replied, "Great, just come to the studio this afternoon and give it a go."

At one in the afternoon, Lisa bid farewell to Jungkook and left in a hurry.

After staying inside for so long, Lisa's first breath of air outside refreshed and lightened her entire body.

She looked out the car window at the bustling streets and couldn't help but start to wonder when she would finally be able to bring Jungkook out again.

—–

When she arrived at the recording studio, Namjoon and the rest of the staff were already there and waiting for her.

Bobby from Brilliant Dreams wrote the song and was notorious in the industry for being picky and having a bad temper.

As soon as Lisa entered the control room, she saw a lean middle-aged man sitting on a stool in the back of the room. He held a document in his hands and frowned, appearing irritated.

"You're here?"

Namjoon stopped what he was doing and guided Lisa in the man's direction. "This is Bobby laoshi."

老师-laoshi, a broad term of address used for teachers, experts in a field, or someone that is respected or in higher positions of power

Bobby looked up to see a delicate face.

Lisa smiled politely. "Hello, Bobby laoshi."

"You're Lisa?"

Bobby looked at her from head to toe, and his gaze said, "Another talentless vase coming to ruin my work."