24

The next morning, Taehyung and Soobin came with a stack of documents.

This time, Jungkook didn't evade Lisa and instead had her accompany him in the study.

Lisa sat next to him and played her part as an assisting wife.

"Who's in charge of development on the Ju Family's side?" Jungkook handed his tea cup to Lisa and asked naturally.

Taehyung responded, "Sehun. He's in charge of dispatch in the Ju family. I had people find his information."

As Taehyung spoke, he handed a file to Jungkook.

Jungkook took it, but he couldn't see or read it. He pondered for a moment before saying, "I'll give you the plan tomorrow, and you and Soobin can discuss it in person."

Lisa, who sat on the side, glanced at the file curiously. When she looked up, her line of sight met Taehyung on the diagonal. She paused.

There was a red mark, almost resembling a hickey, on the right side of Taehyung's neck. It was partially hidden by his collar and appeared very suspicious.

What did she just see?

Lisa's eyes widened to show her obvious disbelief. However, she quickly recomposed herself and looked away, resuming her straight posture and calm expression.

The three continued talking, but Lisa wasn't paying attention. Her gaze occasionally flitted to Taehyung's neck.

Half an hour later, Taehyung and Soobin left.

Lisa couldn't hold back her curiosity and leaned towards Jungkook to whisper, "Hey, your little brother... does he have a girlfriend?"

Jungkook frowned. "Why are you asking about this?"

"I just saw a–"

Lisa wanted to say "just saw a hickey on his neck" but felt it was too awkward to discuss so openly with him. She changed her mind and said, "Nothing, I just thought that it's time for him to find a girlfriend. If he didn't have one, I could introduce someone to him."

Jungkook's expression said, 'Are you that bored,' and handed a stack of information to her while ignoring her.

With the intention of having her read it.

Lisa: "..."

You want me as a free reading software with your nasty attitude?

In your dreams!

Lisa imagined throwing him a "haha" emoji but restrained herself and said coldly, "My throat hurts; I'm not reading."

When she woke up, she had completely forgotten how scared she was of him yesterday and resumed her original arrogance towards him.

Jungkook frowned deeper, his expression turning even uglier.

He took the papers back and sat back on the sofa, a cold chill radiating from his body.

Lisa felt ill at ease seeing his appearance.

Can't this person be a bit more flexible? He pulls out an ugly face every time he gets upset!

A few words to coax me would do just fine, but all he does is make me angry!

She suppressed his anger and slowly approached him to take the papers out of his hand. She began to read with resentment.

Jungkook looked up, noticing that his fingers were empty. His knitted brows began to relax after hearing the familiar voice.

After a while, Lisa finished. She went to the living room to pour two cups of tea.