27

Of course, the recovery process took longer than the two had hoped for, and the days passed by slowly. After half a month, Seokjin came to remove the gauze on Jungkook's eyes and check the results.

It was cloudy today.

The sun hid behind the clouds, and the shadows of the drenched trees swayed outside.

Lisa stood in front of Jungkook and watched as the layers began to unravel, her heart stuck in her throat.

The last layer was removed to reveal Jungkook's trembling eyelashes. He slowly opened his eyes.

The scene ahead of him was blurry, and there was a vague shadow in front of him. There seemed to be a bright light coming into the corner of his eyes.

"How do you feel?"

A voice before him sounded, but it wasn't the voice he was used to.

Seeing Jungkook not respond, Seokjin waved his hand in front of his eyes.

Lisa held her breath and stepped forward to hold his hand.

The palm covering the back of his hand was warm. Jungkook smelled her familiar scent and opened his eyes. No matter how hard he tried, his gaze would not focus.

A black mist slowly clouded his vision again, dispelling the bright light.

He felt a piercing pain that spread to the back of his head in both eyes, and it felt as if every nerve in that area was struck.

He clutched Lisa's hand tightly with a pale face and bulging veins.

Lisa noticed the strength and hurriedly held him, "How do you feel?"

Seokjin noticed his reaction and the change in his expressions, so he stepped forward to check.

Soon after, Jungkook was taken away to be checked on more carefully.

Lisa waited in the corridor. She stared at the closed door with a pale face.

Her usually bright and lively gaze was dim.

She didn't know how long she waited until the door finally opened. Her legs were too soft to move forwards.

In the past, she couldn't understand why Jungkook was always so pessimistic. It was until she went through the treatment process with him in person for half a month before she realized how torturous it was to have hope.

In a year, they had tried again and again. There was only disappointment in the end; who wouldn't be sad?

Seokjin walked over to her and took off his mask. He shook his head solemnly.

Lisa's heart squeezed. Her limbs were heavy and almost made her fall over.

"The more surgeries that are done, the greater the damage that is going to be done to his eyes. So it's not suitable for him to have another operation done with his current condition. If you do... I'm afraid that it will cause irreversible injuries. I recommend that you try acupuncture next."

Seokjin seemed to be afraid of scaring her, so he paused before continuing, "Also, the longer he's blind, the less likely he is to recover. You should mentally prepare yourself."

Lisa replied with difficulty, "Thank you."

Jungkook was sent back to the ward.

Lisa sat by the bed accompanying him. She knew that he was awake but didn't want to talk.

The breeze shifted the curtains, but the ward was silent. Lisa looked at him for a moment and gently held his hand.

Her eyelashes drooped, casting a faint shadow.