Chapter 2

"I have decided. I want to be a Gamer."

Eris still smiles but looks somewhat confused.

"A... Gamer?"

"Yes a player is someone who has access to the System which allows the person to use magic, level up in dungeons that can be created and gain drop items and powerful skills completely separate from the rest of the world."

Eris seems to understand now, the confusion is leaving her expression at least.

"Well I still don't totally get it but ok."

She snaps her fingers and the many pages filled with magical artefacts and abilities disappear.

In its stead a box opens in my fov.

'Do you accept to be a Gamer? You have 1 second to decide Y / N'

I quickly enter Y and the system installs the UI for me.

(Imagine Rising of the Shield Hero HUD but less fantasy themed)

I quickly take in all the new stuff in my fov. HP, SP, MP, a minimap showing nothing but one red dot in front of me and a rundown on me in my upper left corner displaying my name, class and level.

The class is empty and the Level is 1.

"Well thank you very much Eris, can I sit out here a couple more minutes while I go through the Tutorials?"

Eris smiles gently and while a slight dusting returns to her cheeks she agrees, if I tell her everything I see. She herself is quite interested in what power I chose.

For the next hour I went through one tutorial after the other, ranging from how to open different menus like [Settings], [Character], [Skills] and [Shop] to How to use Skills and Level Up as well as general information like my money will be converted into whatever currency is used if stored in my inventory.

Now just a rundown off the Stats and the Settings:

Settings:

Audio: Dialog, Voices, Ambient, Music, SFX, Menu.

Video: Brightness, Gamma, UILayout, Depth of Field, Markers.

Misc: Subtitles (Dialog/Ambient), Notifications, Colour-scheme.

Character:

Name: Akio Hiiro

Race:n%I=W

Sex: male

Age: 18

Class:-

Title:The Gamer (no bonuses)

Level: 1

Attributes:

Courage: 14 (from 1 to 100 shows courage to face foes)

Intelligence: 25

Intuition: 35

Charisma: 87 (from 1 to 100 shows one's own perception by others)

Dexterity: 29

Agility: 31

Constitution: 24

Strength: 17

AP: 0

Advantages:

XP Boost 10x,n%I=W(Locked), Bloodline(Locked)