Part 9

"How did you get out of the chains?" I asked, as Danny tucked me into his bed.

"Oh that?" he asked.

"Yeah. Leon said they were silver, and that it's one of the few substances that vampires can't break." Danny smiled.

"A little trick I've picked up, since I've been around so long. The ancient art of lock picking," he said in a mystical voice. I laughed. "Now, rest." he moved to leave the room, but I grabbed his hand.

"You need to rest too," I said.

"Y/N, I'm a vampire, I'm practically healed already. Not to mention, I don't sleep." I sighed.

"Well, I'm saying you need to rest," I said. I pulled on his arm, and he allowed me to pull him into the bed.

"I see what this is," Danny said, smiling. "You just want me to cuddle you."

"You've figured me out," I said. He gently brushed some hair out of my face. "Promise you won't leave me alone ever again?" I asked softly. He nodded. "I want to hear you say it," I said.

"I promise I will never leave you," he said, pressing his lips to my forehead. "I love you, Y/N. I will protect you with every facet of my being, this I swear." he held me close, arms tightly and possessively around me. I fell asleep in his embrace, feeling utterly and entirely safe. I loved him. And now, everyday, I wake up in his arms, and fall asleep in his embrace. With every "I love you", I knew that I never wanted to leave. The mark on my wrist was a reminder that I was his. Only his. I was marked. The tattoo on my wrist was a sign, a sign of my belonging. The raven with red eyes. The mark of Voltaire.

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the story. This was supposed to be maybe 3 parts, and, as you can see, it has turned into 9. I had a lot of fun writing this story, and I hope that you had a lot of fun reading it! I'm sorry the last chapter was so short, but I couldn't think of where else the story needed to go. anyways, I hope you enjoyed, and maybe consider checking out my other works! thank you so much for reading! - R