Chapter 2 - Remembering Him

Zeus' POV:

"And then after I gave her that bouquet of tulips she was so surprised and hugged me, she was so thankful that time to me"

"Yeah! And then something even more funny happened"

"Bruce! Don't you dare tell that to zeus!"

"What? Scared zeus is going to find out more secrets from you Ken?"

I saw the two argue and giving strong punches at each other's shoulder, I decided to stop them before their fight gets worse.

"Now you two, don't fight in the middle of the forest, your powers are uncontrollable when you let your anger get the best of you"

"Sorry zeus, but Bruce started it!"

"Fine fine I won't tell him your secret then, but still it would be a shame if zeus doesn't know what happened that time"

"Bruce, stop teasing Ken, I don't need to know it if it really embarrasses him a lot"

"HA! did you hear that! Zeus isn't interested haha!"

I heard ken poke fun of bruce.

"Probably since zeus already knows that secret is boring"

Bruce chuckled as ken controlled himself in punching him.

On our way back to the village, I saw Lilith simply standing still outside of the orphanage, is she waiting for someone?

Her glare turned towards me, ken and bruce.

"There you three are! Where have you been? I thought something bad happened to you"

She immediately ran towards us and started scolding.

"Relax yourself there Lilith, nothing bad happened to us see? Plus zeus is with us, he can protect me and bruce if there are actually any dangers waiting for us"

Ken replied with a proud tone.

"That's not my point, and please stop involving zeus into your excuses, zeus isn't your personal bodyguard"

"He's right Lilith, we're all okay, and I don't mind protecting them if they really get in trouble, it's also a part of my job as a village helper"

I defended ken.

"Well if you say so..."

Her eyes turned to the bouquet of tulips that's in my hand.

"Uhm.. Who are those flowers for?"

"Ah the flowers!"

I gave her the bouquet gently.

"Zeus? What is this?"

"It's a bouquet of tulips.. Ken and bruce said that's your favorite type of flower"

"It is... Thank you but why are you giving me this?"

"Uhm..." I felt myself become flustered.

"I was just wondering if you would like to go out with me..."

I went straight to the point.

"You mean...on a date?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that.."

"Say yes already Lilith! This is a one time chance!"

"I can't believe I'm saying this but ken's right, you don't want to miss this!"

I heard the guys force Lilith in saying yes, I wanted to shush the two when I felt soft and small hands grab my wrists.

"I would love that zeus."

"Really! I mean if you feel like you're being forced by these two you can say no"

"No! I really do wanna have a date with you!"

She smiled from ear to ear.

"Yoohoo!"

"That's great then!"

Ken and Bruce exclaimed.

"Okay... Should we go now?"

I asked her to see if the time now is okay for her.

"That would be nice, but I have to take care of the children..."

The children... I forgot.

"Don't worry Lilith! We can watch over the little kids for awhile!"

Ken suggested.

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Yeah, just enjoy your sweet time with Mr. Handsome!"

I chuckled at Bruce's statement.

"Let's go then Lilith"

"Okay!"

She wrapped her arm around mine as we made our way on the hidden area of the village.

With ken and bruce cheering me and telling me to make her feel good, I simply chuckled as I looked over Lilith.

She glared back at me, her smile didn't fade from her face.

-------------------------------------------------

Once we had arrived, we took a seat under the large tree that was giving a huge shade, the sun barely has enough spaces to shine through here.

"This feels lovely... Don't you think so zeus?" Lilith asked me as she turned her head.

"Yeah... It does feel nice..."

Looking back at Lilith I noticed something familiar about her... I just couldn't put my finger on it...

-------------------------------------------------
- Flashback-

I took the book off my face as I felt someone moving next to me.

When I opened my eyes I was startled when I saw lian simply sitting there, not even making a single sound.

"GAHHH!" I screamed startling him afterwards.

He screamed as well and almost punched me.

"What the heck's wrong with you zeus!"

"Why are you mad at me? You're the one who was sitting there and doing nothing! For a second I thought you were a ghost"

"Shut up! Why do you scream that loud?"

"If you didn't want me to scream like that why did you scare me then?"

"I wasn't trying to scare you!"

Our argument were almost audible enough back at the school, good thing no one heard us...

Back then I was so terrified of lian screaming at me, but as he got even more angrier, his face turned into a cute tomato, I couldn't get enough of it so I decided to make him even more mad...

Damn... Do I really miss him that much?

-------------------------------------------------

"Zeuuus..."

I saw Lilith snap his fingers right in front of my face making me almost jump.

"Ah! Lilith, you startled me"

"Sorry zeus! I didn't know you were that jumpy"

"I'm not I-i just... Can we continue our date next time? I suddenly don't feel well?"

"Oh of course, it's okay with me"

I stared into her eyes.

"Thank you lilith"

With that, we left the tree and headed back at the village.

I rubbed my head gently trying to forget that memory but it feels like it's been etched permanently in my brain...

Lian's already gone! Why can't I forget him?!

Why can't I just forget about him?

-- End --