Chapter 56 - A Dark Omen

3rd Person's POV:

Inside lian's bedroom, the male couldn't sleep very well as he was being disturbed by a vision he was forced to see.

He groaned and moaned all at once as he tried to scream for help.

Screaming without a voice coming out of his mouth, he was not able to seek aid from anyone, he couldn't understand what was going on until... His eyes lit up.

A spark of a white glow formed in those eyes of his when suddenly, everything was revealed in front of him.

He was now clearly and able to see what has been disturbing him.

In that vision of his, he was helpless, out of hope, with his weapons broken and on the ground and his body being severely wounded, he couldn't move any of his hands and legs..

Only his head he was able to turn and his eyes to look around, looking above, there was a huge gate, a massive gate that was fully opened with an insignia formed at the very top of it.

In that open gate, there were several screams of agony and pain as each and every voice were released from that said gate...

"Wha... What.... What is this..... Whe... Where am I?" Were words that were forced out of his mouth.

His whole body was now shivering intensely... Looking down, he then began to wander his eyes there and what he saw... Disturbed him entirely.

His eyes were now being filled with tears as he saw the decapitated body of Max.

"M... Ma.. Max... W... What... What... Happened" he mumbled, lian was running out of breath as he was speaking making it hard for him to form words properly.

In that tone of his, he sounded really gentle, really calm, but deep down in his heart, he was engulfed with sadness... And rage.

Those few emotions only gotten worse when he realized that not only max's body was decapitated but he saw the other's as well..

There was blizzard, who's both legs had been sliced off of him, zeus, who's arms were both ripped off of him and shadow... Where only his head was left.

It was a brutal sight for lian, max and shadow were completely dead.. As for zeus and blizzard, lian hoped that at least one of them are still alive... However, he could not see any of them breathing anymore.

"No.... No.... No.... This can't be happening!... Why?! Why must I lose you again?!"

Lian tried to shout everything out of him but no matter how much effort he put in those screams, he wasn't able in doing so, he was in a critical and severe state, further moving will only make his status worse.

"I.... I'm.. I'm worthless..."

With those final words being said.

Lian felt a presence behind him.

"Farewell lian... You indeed are worthless"

The menacing voice said as he laid the finishing blow on him.

"Now it is time for you to leave your world and watch as I mercilessly kill these creatures that you once fought and tried to protect..."

The man said with a chuckle in the end.

"Lian..." A voice called, the sound was quite blurry making it hard for lian to familiarize but he was sure that whoever called him was close to him.

.......

.........

............

Silence.

"Lian.... Wake up..." There is that voice once again.

"Lian.... Lian.... Lian.... Lian wake up..!" The voice kept on getting louder and louder and louder until....

"GAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Lian shouted loudly as he woke up with a frightened feeling inside.

He panted and gasped for air as the four beastmen who he saw in his vision were there for him...

"Are you alright lian?" Max began to ask as he rubbed his back gently, trying to calm the human down.

The others were only staring at him, extremely worried as to what happened to him.

When lian was able to calm down, he looked at where the beastmen were and saw that everyone of them are doing just fine.

Lian: Max... Blizzard... Zeus... Shadow... You're alive!

Blizzard: Of course we are, why wouldn't w-Oompf!

Blizzard was cut off when lian encased both of them with a hug.

They were shocked by the warm hug lian gave them so to properly return the favor back, they hugged him back as well.

Lian: You're all alive and safe!

Lian's attention then turned to zeus and shadow which he then gave two short yet loving hug.

Shadow: What happened lian? Why were you panicking in your sleep..

Lian: W-what?

Zeus: I was just passing by your room earlier when I heard you shouting, I was so worried for you so I decided to check on you, I also called the others because I don't know how to wake you up.

Blizzard: When we arrived, we tried to shake your body, shout your name but you were only screaming and crying...

Max: But... Now that you're awake... I'm glad... Lian...

Lian smiled...

Lian: I'm happy too... But... About what happened earlier... I... I don't think I can tell you about it.

Blizzard: We understand if it's still difficult for you but... Sometimes you have to open up for us so we can find a way to help you lian...

Max: He's right lian... Just take your time and then when you are ready... We can then... Talk.

Lian: T-thank you guys but.. I don't plan on hiding anything anymore to any of you and... I also feel that master hereward should know about my vision.

Blizzard: Vision?

Lian looked at the red beastman as he only nodded in response..

Max: Master hereward is at his office... When we talked to him earlier I kind of noticed that he was acting really strange.

Blizzard: He was in a hurry but we don't know why, he seems tensed too.

Lian: Well whatever is making him act this way we have to find out, let's go check on hi-Ah!

Lian felt a sharp pain on his stomach.

Max: H-hold on! You're still in no condition of moving too much!

Lian: I'm fine really! I just felt a slight cramp... That's all, besides... I can't rest forever y'know, we still have a mission to finish.

Max: Y-yeah but-

Lian: No more buts... Now please... Leave my room so that I may change clothes.

Max: Of course...

Max nodded as the rest of the beastmen followed behind him and left lian's room.

When lian was finally alone, he locked his door as he started to take off his clothes and wear his uniform on...

Lian: That vision... I don't know why but I feel that scenario almost about to happen... I have to stop it no matter what...

"I won't lose again"

-- End --