Chapter 26 - Core of Fire

Lian's POV:

I was able to enter the tower on where the core was located easily.

If I could just reach the very top I can lock the core's power so it doesn't get corrupted, that is if I'm lucky enough to not get tired with all of these ridiculous stairs.

I moved out and proceeded my way to the stairs, I wouldn't want the beastmen to wait for me.

I rushed as fast as I possibly can, my heels clacking against the hard stairs, I don't plan on staying here for longer.

If I remember correctly, if one good soul can lock a realm's core it would be impossible for it to be corrupted, I hope I'm right.. Otherwise this idea of mine will throw me into a pit of embarrassment and shame.

I soon set foot to an empty room, I sense no danger here so I must be in a safe zone, but I can't take a break in here, I must proceed further.

Before I exited the room, something has caught my attention, there were engravings on the walls.

These engravings were very similar to that one ruin me and shadow were trapped on...

"These emblems.. Could it be?" I thought, the markings, the depictions of people... It was a combination of both beastmen and humans.

At the bottom of the engraved pictures, there were words written in etherealian language.

I gasped.

"In a world in which humans and beastmen lived in peace and harmony... Using their outstanding power for the greater good, sent the spiraling chaos of pure darkness back from whence it came from..."

The words ended there...

"I don't get it... Is there a missing piece?" I mumbled to myself again.

I know I'm in a hurry but this information seems very important... I must know more, max... Everyone.. I hope you can hold them for a bit more longer...

3rd Person's POV:

"HAYAAH!' Max used his foot to kick the semi-beast away from them.

The more they kill these creatures the more they spawn.

Blizzard: This is endless! Their amounts are overwhelming me! There must be a way to kill them all at once!

Max: I don't have any techniques that can kill them all in one hit, we just have to hold them off and keep the villagers safe.

Zeus charged a powerful amount of electricity on his whole arm, once it was at full capacity, he aimed his palm right at the semi-beasts and shot them one by one.

His palm released bullet-like lightning bolts as if he's using his arm as a gatling gun.

Once the semi-beast's have been paralyzed, he equipped his axe once more and swung the weapon right at their enemies.

He slashed, diced, and killed them all up with ease now that he's disabled their abilities to move but they kept on coming.

Zeus: Tch, you bastards don't get tired huh?

Shadow unequipped his lance for a moment, he activated his power of light, the markings on his body pulsing a bright glow.

Shadow: "Glorious Shroud!"

His hands were surrounded by beams of light, the light then began to cover the entire kingdom.

Unfortunately to the semi-beasts, their bodies had contacted with the light thus burning them until they were all nothing but piles of dusts, those dust were soon blown away by the wind.