Stuffed With Fluff

Description: Sherlock and Molly attend a London carnival/fair. Cuteness ensues.

> Flufftober 2021 fic for October 1st - "Win the other a teddy bear"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sherlock groans as they walk into the fair. Kids run amuck, lights flicker and flash everywhere, and loud nostalgic music plays near each ride that they pass. Molly giggles happily and hangs onto Sherlock's arm, a childlike innocence in her eyes, and her face awestruck by the sight.

"Aw Sherlock, don't be so grumpy, fairs are supposed to be fun! Look at all the rides and the games, and the food! Cotton candy, fried dough, popcorn, hotdogs. There must be /something/ you like!", she grins.

"Yes...you", he smirks and peeks down at her playfully. "I promised you we would come and that I wouldn't complain too much. So here we are. Today is your day."

"You did promise me that, didn't you? But I also want you to have fun. You compare yourself to a kid sometimes, so c'mon. I think you can let your inner child out for a while and enjoy the fair. You can be cold-hearted Mr. Detective man tomorrow."

Sherlock snorts softly and looks into her eyes. "How do you always do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make me feel...lighter. Like the weight on my shoulders just disappears when you want it to. I'd say you have the magic touch if I believed in magic."

Molly rolls her eyes and slides her fingers between his, holding his hand. "I don't know exactly, but I'd guess it has something to do with the fact that you allow yourself to love me now", she smiles brightly, the soft creases by her eyes showing her upcoming middle age.

Sherlock traces them gently and fondly as they watch people go by with their big families and busy working lives.

"Yeah I-I should probably begin some kind of skincare aging regimen. Long hours in a very bright morgue and paying too close attention to autopsies has probably not done any favors for how I'm progressing...I'll be thirty-seven next month. Which is crazy because I still feel like I'm twenty-seven."

"You don't need to change anything, Molly. You're beautiful as you are. I love the little things about you. It took a long time for me to appreciate the small things, but I'm glad you've proven to me how good they can be. Hell, I'm forty, I've got lines too but that doesn't mean I can't act like a bratty child on occasion. Which we both know I do."

She laughs softly and kisses his hand, nodding. "Well thank you. That's really sweet. And yes, you do act like a brat, but you're my brat. So I don't mind too much."

Sherlock smirks and they walk through the fair. They stop for multiple treats, including some to save for later, and they go on a few rides.

After a few hours, the sun begins to set, and he pulls her to the line for the London Eye. Molly beams and her eyes sparkle with the reflection of the twinkling carnival lights as she pulls him in for a kiss. Sherlock eagerly returns the kiss and wraps his Belstaff around her smaller body tenderly before they pull away for air.

"Hmm, I thought you hated PDA."

"I do, but it felt right in the moment. Something else you taught me. That living in the moment can be a gift."

Molly stands on her tiptoes and kisses his cheek lovingly. "Well, it was a very nice kiss."

"I agree", he winks cutely as she smiles back at him.

Once they are seated on the Ferris wheel, Sherlock wraps an arm around her, and Molly cuddles close as they enjoy the final moments of the sunset over London. Their mutual favorite view of the city they both adore.