Chapter 2: A Small Reunion

"What have you been up to since graduation, Riku?" you asked as he led you to the lounge.

"Well, I traveled home and spent a while with my parents. It took me a long time to finally decide what I wanted to do with my life. At first I wanted to join the army, but I decided that there was enough pain in the world, and I didn't want to contribute to it." He shrugged. "My mother suggested that I should give back to the people who trained me, so, I went to college and trained to be a black magic instructor... that's pretty much it." He rubbed his neck nervously, thinking he had spoke too much.

"Oh wow, that's a lot of info." You laughed. "Well, I'm glad you decided to be a teacher, because now you're here with me! By the way, are you still friends with Sora? How is he?"

"Sora? Oh, he's great. He's grown up, but he still has his moments of being eager and childlike. I think that's beneficial to us all sometimes, though." Riku chuckled. "Teaching can be stressful sometimes, as I'm sure you'll be finding out soon."

"Well, I am ready to take the plunge. I'll just take every day as it comes!" You laughed.

"He has a second job, an ice cream place that he runs with Kairi. They're still together; I think, but Kairi's changed a lot since high school. She's lots nicer to people now. But, for some reason, she and Sora still have a hard time holding their relationship together. I thought that problem would disappear once her personality shifted..."

"Relationships are complicated." You shrugged. "I haven't been in one in at least five years."

Riku stopped, sighed, and stared at you. "I know that was a joke, but somehow, you managed to make me more exasperated than amused. You know, like Logan's puns."

You gasped softly. Logan! Your mind was suddenly filled with memories of the gentle-hearted, somewhat hyperactive, slightly scrawny boy. He was so kind, and would always be willing to help anyone in need. You'd also helped him, so he could have a relationship with the girl he'd fallen in love with; a tall, bony Irish girl by the name of Spencer-Lynn.

Were they still together? You wondered...

"This is the lounge." Riku pointed ahead to the door on your left, which was a dark blue color, painted kind of like a galaxy. "I'd love to stay, but I have class first period, and I have to prepare."

"And I just ate into some of your preparation time..." you said softly. "I'm sorry!"

"Don't mention it." Riku gave you a wave, as he turned around, heading back the way you'd come. "Have fun!"

You smiled and waved back, before heading for the lounge door. A bagel with cream cheese was sounding delicious right now.

"Speaking of eating, the food table calls."

When you walked in, there was a buffet style array of food on the left side of the room. Across from that were some cushioned chairs and tables, and the chairs looked extra comfy. This school knew how to treat their teachers right.

It was only after getting something to eat that someone else entered the room, and immediately ran over to you and glomped you.

"It's you! It's really you! I'm so glad to see you!" This was a male, judging by the voice.

Hmm... a male; didn't seem very strong and wasn't very much taller than you. When he let go, you saw that he had brown hair. Well, there was only one person who fit that description back then, so...

"Arrigan?" you guessed.

"You remember me!" He hugged you again.

"I don't remember you being quite so huggy..."