Chapter 13: Dealing With Things Promptly

"...at the end of the week. I'll be here during lunch period, so don't hesitate to stop by if you have any questions, all right?"

You had been slowly walking down the halls, surveying the decor, when you heard a voice you'd been dying to hear this whole time.

Prompto. He was near.

"...guide to study, Mr. Argentum?"

"Eh, I planned on it... but didn't actually get around to it, so, sorry to say you won't have an official study guide for this one. But on the bright side, this is a great opportunity for you to practice your own style of taking notes! Right?"

"I guess so..."

"Okey-dokey then, see ya tomorrow!"

Two female students passed you then, one with long ginger hair tied into a long braid with straight-cut bangs and curly pieces of hair in front, and the other with blonde straight hair, also with bangs straight across and a piece of hair going over her head behind the bangs, peculiarly. Not too far behind them was (one of) your favorite freckle-faces.

"Hey-hey, long time no see!" Prompto gave you a high five. "Headed anywhere special?"

"Well, I was gonna go talk to Quistis over my lunch break. But I could spend a few minutes with you, if that's what you're implying."

"Great! I have a lot of work to catch up on, but come in; multitasking isn't impossible."

Prompto hadn't outgrown his punk style, you noticed. He was wearing a vest today with a polo under it. The perfect punk teacher attire, you thought, as he sat at his desk and opened the laptop sitting in front of them.

"No lunch?" you asked, sitting at one of the desks in the front row.

"Logan was nice enough to drop something off for me," he pointed to a box of sushi on the desk. "But honestly, with all the stuff I need to work on, I don't have time to eat. I'll probably pop a few pieces in my mouth my next period."

"Don't say that, Prompto. You need to eat, or you won't be well."

He looked over the laptop's monitor, and smiled. "Okay. For you, I'll eat. But I'm not leaving this desk!"

"That's good enough for me." You smiled back. "So, what do you teach, then?"

"History of Lucis and its environs. Good old Noct helps me out with my material... when I remember to ask him for materials." Prompto sighed, popping a piece of sushi into his mouth. "You know... it's strange. I'm only 24 years old, but I think my age is getting to me already; I don't remember ever being quite this forgetful."

You slid forward in your seat. "Really? Intriguing. Could you elaborate?"

"Yeah, sure. Sometimes I'll be lecturing and my mind will completely go blank, and one of my students will have to remind me of what we were going over. And it's not just here, either. Sometimes I'll end up in my laundry room or something, and have no idea why. Uh- hey, why are you writing this down..?"

Fortunately, there was a part of this you could easily disclose without making things tense. "Two weeks ago, I had a follow-up appointment at the hospital I stayed in. My physician mentioned a head trauma, but I know I had never had one- and when I started getting suspicious about it, the staff did their best to get me out of there. There are strange things happening, Prompt, and I want to get to the bottom of it."

"Okay, but how'd you know I was having problems with my memory? Or didn't you, and that was just some weird coincidence?"

"No, I only just recently regained my own memories of people visiting me while I was comatose, and I remember you talking to me before suddenly stopping, and becoming disoriented," you told him.