Chapter 10: Shaping The Future

As you walked to the Oliveiras' (you liked saying that in your head) you found the park that Spencer-Lynn had mentioned. It wasn't a very parky park. It had a giant fountain and benches surrounding it, but that was it. Oh, and a couple of stands. One of them was selling corn; you could smell it. What exactly did children do at this park, though? You didn't see any around, but then again, it was still pretty early.

You passed a jazz bar and a cute little cafe before arriving at the apartment building. You knew you were at the right place because you could see Logan on the inside, cleaning the windows; when he noticed you, he waved before pointing to (you assumed) the door and hurrying to let you in.

"Hi! Great to see you outside of work! Come in, there's food."

"After all these years, you still know your way to a girl's heart." You laughed. "This place is super nice. I like it."

"Thanks! We fell in love with it the moment we saw it." Logan opened the door to his apartment and held a hand out. "After you!"

You nodded, and saw Hope, Arrigan, and Spencer-Lynn all in the living room, eating.

"Aw, I'm the last one here?! I tried to be early!"

They all laughed. "Well, you're here, and that's the most important part," Arrigan said sagely. "May I invite you to a bagel? They're wonderful with cream cheese. We've been discussing wedding details for the moment."

"Wedding details and baby names," pointed out Hope.

"Although the second thing isn't necessary. Logan and I have already named our little girl."

You immediately sat next to Spencer-Lynn. "Oh, did you, now?"

"I'm not telling you, you know. It's a surprise," she replied.

"You people are all, collectively, going to make me hate surprises."

"Oh, don't be silly," Logan laughed. "Eat a bagel. You're not yourself when you're hungry."

~ * ~

"Vanille and Fang's invitation is joint," Arrigan corrected Hope's notes on who to send invitations to, pointing to the notebook. "They should be on one."

Hope nodded. "...Do you think we're well enough acquainted with Snow's friends to invite them?"

"I'd think so. You and Maqui have always been friends, right?" Arrigan then laughed, "Besides, even if we didn't formally invite them, Snow would just bring them along anyway."

"You're right," agreed Hope, laughing as well. "Sora's invitation is separate from Kairi's, too, isn't it?"

Arrigan nodded. "...What is Cloud's address? That's been left blank."

"I don't know. I asked him a while back, and he still hasn't answered." Hope shrugged.

"I'm surprised you guys even invited Cloud," Logan said, as he was hanging pale ivory sheer curtains at the front window. "He doesn't really seem like the wedding type. I don't think he would enjoy himself there."

"Then he should at least say that," Hope said softly.

"Well, maybe that means he's considering it," you pointed out.

"Then maybe he should say that."

Hope was still stubborn to a fault, you were learning.

"By the way," you said, "is this a small or large wedding? I need to know how I'm dressing for this."

"The number of guests influences what you wear?" asked Logan.

You stared at him. "Of course it does!"