Part 14

Raph felt even more miserable now that his family had even offered that idea. He wanted a child that was sired by him, and only him.

Sara slowly walked into the room.

"Raph, how could you do that? They were only trying to help."

"I know." Raphael growled. "But I don't want Leo's help. I feel like I'm enough of a loser that I couldn't get my own girl pregnant." Raph said bitterly.

"Raph, if we want to have kids, it might be our only option. They even offered that Mel carries for Leo, and then us adopting it off of them. But I said no. I knew as the biological parents, they wouldn't want to separate from their child anyway." Sara said.

"I know. And it'd still be Leo's kid." Raph said. "If we adopt, then let's adopt a human baby."

"Raph, it isn't that easy. You often have to wait for years, and the parents each have to have a good source of income and great careers before an adoption agency would even look at us, let alone allow us to adopt. There are visits and paperwork, and we live in a sewer, and you don't even have a job." Sara said. "And that's something I don't have."

"Fine, then all we need is each other." Raph said. "I hope you can live with that."

"Yes. I can. As long as we still have nieces and nephews at least to play with." She said with a hint of sadness.

"It's good enough for me too." Raph kissed her. "We'll get over this and move on, in time."

...

Sara was still upset about what Raph had said about moving on. She knew they had no choice, but she still wanted a baby so badly of her own. She was completely willing to accept Leo's offer of helping them. He was a lot like Raph in so many ways. They both liked to train a lot, both had a tough guy attitude, though Leo was much calmer than Raph. A champion fighter. Just some things they had in common.

Right now, Sara was sitting in the living room, watching TV. She was watching Animal Planet. A show about cloning to be exact.

She was seeing how the animals were being cloned and how the clones were carried to term. A clone might have the same direct genetic link and be nearly like a twin to the original host, but the clones were more rather like offspring than a twin.

An animal could be cloned, and have identical traits to the original, but it's personality and looks were not the same exactly. And that's the way it was with having babies the natural way.

An idea popped into Sara's head. Maybe this was the way to go! Cloning! It was about the last chance Raph would have to become a father. And maybe he would be up for this option. She had to talk to Don.

Sara knocked on Don's lab door. "Come in." She heard from the other side. She came into the lab. Jenny was at the hospital right now, so she could talk to him alone.

"Donny, I'm sorry about how Raph and I have been treating everyone, but you know why we are sad." She said.

"Yes, and we offered to help." He said.

"Well, I think I just found out a way how you could help us. Cloning!" She said happily.

Don's eyes widened. "Cloning? That doesn't always turn out too well, Sara."

"I just saw on TV that some animals like sheep, cows, and horses have been successfully cloned. Why not your brother? You would be using my eggs and Raph's DNA to fertilize them. It's nearly the same as the natural way, but Raph has no sperm to use. Surely, some of his DNA could do it too." Sara explained.

"You could be right. But Raph should be told if it's going to be done that way." Don said.

"I plan on getting him on board." Sara said.