CHAPTER EIGHT - WIFE OF THE BEAST

SELENA'S POV

The area faced the breathtaking sunset. 

At the end of each seated aisle, jasmine scented candles hung from naked tree branches. Spread down the aisle was white leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn't crack when you stepped on them. 

The wide sand is cascading across the land. There is a small breeze that offers a slight chill, which provides relief from the warm, setting sun. The water crashes against rocks in the distance. Seagulls squawk overhead.

Nature is in tune with this event.

We'd have a small group of close family and friends dressed in beach attire for comfort. On either side of the aisle, they sat in white chairs set up for them on the sand. 

"Today, surrounded by all of your loved ones, I choose you Selena, to be my wife. I am proud to be your husband and to join my life with yours. I vow to support you, inspire you, and love you always. For as long as we both shall live, I will be by your side–for better or worse, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer. You are my one and only today and every day."

I was nervous just like the first time I went on to meet him.

Was this really happening? Will I soon be Mrs. Madden? Wife of Nicholas Madden?

"I Selena take you, Nicholas to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

Nicholas stood taller, his shoulders back and his eyes on me. If I wasn't mistaken I could have sworn tears filled his green eyes.

"With the power invested in me by the State of Colorado I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest said.

I couldn't comprehend in my surroundings. My world is spinning in vigorous way. Until Nicholas leaned in and kissed me.

Softly...

Like he's never done it before. Everyone cheered for us, however I barely noticed that my full attention rested on Nicholas.

His kiss holds the power to stop me in my track. Like a beautiful sunset...

Sundown seems to embody the sheer power of an utterly romantic point in time. Just like how careful Nicholas kiss me at this moment, it takes my breath away, leaves me speechless and if only for a moment, slows down time. In this instant, I feel the love and gratitude for the world exude from every inch of my body.

Nicholas' kiss possesses the promise of a new day. A promise that also sunset's gives.

With the sun's last rays peeking out from the horizon comes the realization that tomorrow holds endless possibilities. I know it won't last, but I savor every last bit of this fleeting beauty.

YouTube Channel: Cinderelams