CHAPTER SIX - GRIEF

SELENA'S POV

Grief comes in waves, little one, at first they are so strong I feel so swept away. They come, replacing a feeling of normalcy. Those waves didn't even lessen and let the memories flood in, together with my tears.

Standing at my father's grave. The world seems to stand still. That feeling I have never felt before, of total sadness. I feel faint and dazed as if I'm falling or dreaming.

I never get the picture of this going to happen, and I could never be prepared for it.

I don't know what to say, I'm are totally speechless. I burn up, feel dizzy. My tears keeps falling. I know I have to get out of there, to escape, runaway anything to make this feeling fade. I just don't want to believe it had happened after everything. Part of me wants to cry my heart out and the other part wants to hit something with the anger that raging inside me.

I can still remember the the last words I said to him was that I loved him because he was going home. I'm so glad I got to tell him that because I wanted him to know.

Everything felt different and nothing felt remotely.

Standing on the front of your father's thombstone would always be insanely eerie. Seeing myself dressed in black was actually pretty daunting and depressing, but that was the most appropriate attire for the occasion.

"Dad..." I whispered in the wind.

Nature is quiet and undisturbed. The trees and the fresh air help me make sense of the things in my life. It gives me the sense of being alone yet still surrounded by lovely things. It is in balance, it has an old soul which helps to calm people who fill swallowed in their own grief.

Amid the gently bowing branches, amid the bonny kin of flowers, a sense of serenity comes to the cemetery.

"Why you need to leave me this early?" My voice and heart trembled. Losing a father has to be one of the most devastating events in a person's life. The streams of nostalgia and memories never seem to fade away, leave alone the pangs of sadness.

"It hurts to know you are not here anymore." I can't help but smile at all the memories and great times my father and I had. The cold winds touches at my skin, seeming to be a hug from heaven.

Like a careful and loving hug from a father.

I cannot hug him again, I know. But I'm glad I hugged him every chance I had.

"Knowing you are no longer around shatters me into pieces, but I know we will meet someday. I miss you, dad..." I said weakly, smiling and at the same time crying.

"Till we meet again dad, I love you."

NICHOLAS' POV

It has been a couple of weeks since Terry Cohen past away.

I know that death is an occurrence that can't be avoided, but you passing away remains a shock to us all, Terry. What happened to all our planned tomorrows and promises?

Why you need to leave so early?

"Selena..." I said weakly and went beside her. I took something inside my pant's pocket. It was my handkerchief and I give it to Selena.