Chapter Eight: Wolf Attack

Wow! Got this chapter done father than I thought :) 

Enjoy :)

Elisabeth's POV...

I ran out of the West Wing as fast as I could, Adam's booming voice echoing around me. I know it was foolish of me to go back there even when Adam had told me not to, but I needed to talk to him. Now I see what a huge mistake I had made. As I'm running down the stairs, I'm surprised that I didn't fall since my eyes were filled with tears and my vision was blurry because of it. I make it down to the ground floor when I hear Lumiere call out. 

"Mademoiselle! What are you doing?" 

"I'm going home!" I answered back with watering eyes I ran down the final flight of stairs. 

I hear Coggsworth, Lumiere and Mrs. Potts shouting for me not to leave, but I had to get out here. I hear barking and see a blue and gold footrest braking and jumping around before he runs out through a small door since the main ones were locked. 

Grabbing my cloak off the rack, I run out the small door despite the shouting protests of the others. Heading for the stables, I saddle up Jacques as quick as I could and practically jumped on him before riding through the castle grounds. 

We dash out of the gate as tears began to run down my face. The look of pure anger on Adam's face kept appearing in my mind and his booming voice still echoed through my ears. I have never seen Adam so angry before. So angry at me. I wipe my tears on my sleeve as the cold air stung my face. 

Jacques galloped down the path when I started to hear the familiar sound of howling "Oh, no..." I breath out, knowing that wolves are back. 

I look behind me as we continue down the path to see at least a dozen or so wolves chasing after us. I urged Jacques to go faster when we suddenly came onto a frozen pond and Jacques began to loose his footing as he was slipping across the ice. 

"Whoa! Easy, boy! Easy!" I tried to slow him down, but he ended up slipping and falling to the side "Ah!" I screamed as Jacques fell and I landed on the ice on my side.

I groaned in pain as I sat up and saw Jacques standing up, which I was glad about, meaning he wasn't hurt. As I stood up, the wolves surrounded us and few made their way over to Jacques who tried to bite him as he reared up and neighed in fear. I grabbed a branch off the ground and swatted at the wolves. I managed to hit one in the face as he tried to bite Jacques on his ankle. Another one jumped onto Jacques back, but I hit him in the side and knocked off onto the ground just as another one approached. I swung the branch at the wolf, but he caught it in his mouth and pulled it out of my hands. 

Gasping, I looked around and saw that we were surrounded as the wolves growled and stared us down. One wolf in particular was in front of my standing on a large log and he had a scar on his face as he growled deeply at me. I took a step back trying to get back to Jacques, but with every step I took the wolf took a step closer. My heart was pounding in my chest out of fear and adrenaline. I swallowed hard as the wolf was getting ready to pounce on me and shielded myself with my arm as he jumped at me, but suddenly a large blur appeared and tackled the wolf to the ground as it was tossed away. 

It was Adam! He came after me and protected me. The wolves surrounded Adam as Jacques began to rear up and neigh in fear. One of the wolves tackled Adam to the ground as another bite his leg. I ran over to Jacques trying to keep him steady and calm as Adam tossed the two wolves off him. 

Another wolf was coming up behind him "Look out!" I yelled as the wolf tackled Adam to the ground and bit him in the back of the shoulder as he roared in pain.