Chapter Two: Back Home

Here it is! The first official chapter, hope you like it.

Enjoy :) 

Spring of 1764...

It was a warm spring night in the heart of France. A beautiful and very large castle stood proudly and towered above the guards that stood around it. The stars glistened brightly in the sky like millions of diamonds and the moon hung in the sky looming over the large decorative structure. The only other source of light outside were the lanterns that were lite around the castle, dancing in the night. 

Inside, a young girl around ten years old with long curly blonde hair, fair white skin, bright blue eyes and wearing a light green dress made her way hurriedly up the seemingly never ending flight of stone steps in the West Wing. 

When she got to the top of the stairs, she came to a pair of large polished hardwood doors

When she got to the top of the stairs, she came to a pair of large polished hardwood doors. She knocked rhythmically on the door. A few seconds later, a rhythmic not in response was heard before the door opened revealing a young boy around twelve years old with long blonde hair and dark blue eyes. 

"Come in" the boy gestured in a hushed whisper as he stood aside and the let the girl in as he closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing here, Elisabeth?" he asked her. 

"I wanted to see you again before I leave tomorrow" Elisabeth told him as they walked over to the boys king-size bed. 

"I still can't believe my father is sending you away" the boy said sadly as he sat on his bed. 

"I know, Adam" Elisabeth said with a sigh as she took sat on the bed "He says that I'm a bad influence on you and I distract you from your... princely duties"

The young prince rolled his eyes "I think it's ridicules. Just because you like to have fun doesn't mean you're a bad influence"

"Well, in your father's eyes I am" Elisabeth told him. 

"This isn't fair" Adam crossed his arms over his chest "You're my best friend and I'm never going to see you again"

"Yes you will, Adam" Elisabeth said placing a hand on his shoulder "I promise you, I'll come back to see you" 

"Really?" Adam asked her.

"Really, really" Elisabeth told him. 

Adam sighed "I'm going to miss you so much" tears started to fill his eyes.

"I know" Elisabeth said as she brought him into a hug "I'm going to miss you, too" 

Adam held Elisabeth tight as if she would disappear now if he let go of her. The tears that pricked his eyes threatened to spill, but he held them back as best he could.