Chapter Three: Same Provincial Town

(The pic above is what Elisabeth looks like)

Also, I do not own Beauty and the Beast or it's characters. I also do not own the song in this chapter.

Elisabeth's POV...

As soon as I walked into the small cottage, a wave of emotions wash over me as memories began flooding back to me. I stood in the middle of the small room as I looked around at the place I once called home for the first four years of my life. 

I walk around a little bit until I come to the bedroom where... where my mother... died. She spent the last few hours of her life in this room and I stood by her every minute. 

I came over to the bed that had a large white sheet over it, covering it and protecting it from getting dusty. I move the sheet halfway down the bed before I sit down and that's when a memory comes to me. 

20 years ago...

An older woman with long blonde hair and warm hazel eyes lays on the bed as sweat covered her body. She coughed into a white cloth as a little girl around four years old with long blonde hair and blue eyes stands in the doorway, staring at her mother.

"Don't worry, darling" the woman spoke to her daughter in a hoarse voice "Mommy's going to be fine. Come here" 

The little girl walked over to her mother and sat on the bed next to her "Elisabeth. My sweet, innocent, beautiful Elisabeth" her mother said to her daughter with a sad smile on her face "I love you so much, do you know that darling?" Elisabeth nodded her 'yes' as she listened to her mother.

"You're the only thing in the world that ever mattered to me" her mother continued "You are my world, darling. I've done everything in my power to keep you safe and to make sure you had a good life..." she then coughed violently into the cloth again before looking back at her daughter "But now... it's time for you to live your life without me. I've given you everything you need to know about the world and how to live in it"

"But mamma..." Elisabeth began with tears filling her eyes "I need you, mamma. I love you" 

"I love you, too my darling" her mother told her "But I know you're strong enough to do this, Elisabeth. I know you are" 

She took her daughter's hand in her's "Promise me one thing, my darling. Promise me that no matter what happens to you in life, you will always stay strong and never give up. Promise me that, darling"

"I promise" Elisabeth said softly while slightly nodding her head. 

Elisabeth's mother smiled sadly at her as she nodded her head as well before she started singing a lullaby:

"Under the snow

Beneath the frozen stream

There is life

You have to know

When nature sleeps

She dreams there is life"

Elisabeth began to sing along with her mother.

"And the colder the winter

The warmer the spring

The deeper the sower

The more our hearts sing

Even if you can't see it

Inside Everything

There is life..."

No POV...