Their Special Day

The orchestra was playing the song really loud. Her hands were in Rumple's and she wasn't sure whose hands were sweating.

"Rumplestiltskin Gold, do you promise to take this woman to be your wife and love her for all eternity?" Asked Maleficent, who was playing the preacher, in a screaming tone.

"I do" Rumple answered just as loud and with tears in his eyes, a huge smile plastered on his sparkly face.

"Regina Mills, do you promise to take this man to be your husband and love him for all eternity?" Mal looked at her friend, she was so happy for her.

"I do" Her voice cracked a bit and she could here some people in the background making sounds like "awwww" or quietly laughing.

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

"No... he may not." A female voice said from far away. Everyone turns around to see no one else but Cora Mills stanting at the door.

"Cora..." Rumple cursed that woman under his breath

"This wedding is over!" Said Cora lifting her hands in the air. The whole castel started to burn.

People were running around, trying to escape. Henry was holding Adien and, surrounded by guards, was looking for a way out. But didn't actually surprise him to find none.

"Mother, stop this! It's insane!"

"Stop what dear?" Cora opened the palm of her hand and, in a puff of purple smoke, appeared the Dark One's dagger. In that moment, the lovers froze. Cora appeared behind Rumple and when he turned around she stabbed him.

"MOTHER!!!!! NOOOO!!!! NONONONONO.... RUMPLE!" She dropped to her knees, taking Rumple's body in her lap "WHY HAVE YOU'VE DONE THIS?!"

"Love is weakness, Regina"

"No! No! Nononono! Rumple! No... no..."

"Regina. Regina wake up!"

She opened her eyes, but everything was a blur. The morning light was too strong and the tears in her eyes were too many. Sweat was running down her forehead, temples, chest, back... She was breathing fast. Her heart was running wild in her chest, like it would be trying to get out.

It was funny. Because every time she is dreaming, or better said, is having nightmares, she knows they are just dreams and is conscious that those things aren't really happening. But seeing your father and son locked in a room that is on fire, knowing very well what the end of that would be, and her lover, fiancee... Rumple being stabbed and falling to the ground, and all of this by her own mother's hands... she just couldn't fight it.

And now that she was conscious about the fact that it was a dream, she was scared that it could happen in reality. After all... it wouldn't be something new for her mother to come and destroy her happiness. What if today, at her wedding, Cora will come and destroy it all? What if she will be back from where she started?

Regina didn't realize when Rumple pulled her in a hug, started to caress her head and back and to plant soft kisses anywhere he could. Her head was resting on his chest, fists clenched at his shirt. "Shhh It's ok, dearest. It's ok. You're safe. I'm here."

They stayed like that for some time. Rumple whispering different comforting words to her, while Regina tried to control her breathing and stop her tears. When he felt that she was relaxed enough he spoke "So... will you tell me what was it? I heard you saying something like 'no. Mother. Why... no...' hmm?"