[7] A Deal of a [Rapidly-Shrinking] Life

You stood next to Kris as the world shifted before you. The walls, floor, sky, it all morphed into a strange black void only accented by thin red grid marks.

You swiftly turned to face Kris, seeing that they were completely calm. Of course, they told you how encounters worked, but being in one was an entirely different entity.

A strange tune then began to fill your ears. A theme song of sorts, Kris never mentioned anything about theme songs...

You couldn't dwell too long on it though, since it seems Kris had initiated the first move. The struck a pose, flicking their arm out and directing a finger gun towards Spamton. You thought you saw sparkles emit from Kris' hand.

In a fit of distress you copied the action. Clumsily. It seemed to do the job though, since sparks of embers fluttered from your hand as you pointed.

You were mentally preparing yourself for whatever was to come next, but was surprised by Spamton just talking.

"Oh my, [ANGEL]! You've never [top 10 greatest anime fights] before, have you? Aw shucks, you should've [notified the manager] me!" His voice was dripping with liquid sugar.

Kris regretted having chosen ACT against this puppet freak.

Spamton pretty much entirely ignored Kris' presence, placing the spotlight on you. He felt giddy knowing he'd have the privilege of versing you in the ways of the Dark World. He had wanted to previously, but of course, things got in the way.

Your sibling stood to your left, seething with malice. Spamton was getting on their nerves, and fast. Not even Berdly managed to do so that violently quick.
They felt as if they were physically restrained from going for the throat.

Who does this guy think he is?

~~~
One overly detailed and infomercial filled tutorial later, it was finally over. What might've only been a few minutes felt like eon for Kris. With every bout of static, distorted laughter, and passing comment about heavenly imagery they grew more irritated.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT WE GET IT!"

Both you and Spamton froze in place, only looking towards Kris. Their sword was gripped tightly in their hands, shaking.

Kris, death glaring at Spamton, couldn't get over this feeling. This guy thought he was so cool, being able to be the one with all the answers. Despite this another reason gnawed at Kris's inner thoughts. Something about this trash dwelling rat felt wrong. A feeling they hadn't been met with since the encounter with that damn clown around town. There was more to Spamton than met the eye, and they didn't take kindly to the idea of you getting entangled in this cretin's chaos.

You lightly nudge their shoulder, hoping to bring them back from whatever trance they were just in.

"Hey...Krispy? Are you okay? We can move on now, if you'd like..." You lowered your voice, hoping to soothe them. Clearly whatever was in their head was stressing them out.

In a sudden burst they stood up straight. You felt something pull within your chest. Your soul.

Kris guided you into another act, although they seemed to hate doing so.

Spamton clasped his hands together and let out a burst of giddy giggling. "Hey hey hey! I've never seen a [HeartShapedObject] like that before!"

He then straighten out, puffing his chest, "My eyes are [BURNING] like [DVDs of ANY movie at half price]! I have a very special [DEAL] for the both of you!"

It seemed Kris' SOUL had become in-tuned with your own. That even without direct communication, you knew what they were thinking; but only when they commanded it?

And they were commanding it to make a deal?

"ENGL4RGE YOURSELF"
------------
Sorry that this chapter is so short compared to others. I sort of got lost on how to write it, so I decided to just make it short and sweet.

But don't worry, the next chapters will be the usual length, and some being longer!

Also the 10k is still being written, I've just been extremely busy with schoolwork lately.

But it'll be out, I swear! But for now, have an amazing day/night!

DrowsyCryptid