[9] Why is Everything Exploding

Kris's story has long dissolved into mere racks and sobs. Their guts poured out, every little bit of pent of extremes were finally laid to rest. All within the safety of your arms.

It felt like eons, but in actuality, for Kris was still trying to keep some track of time. Who knew what the Queen was doing right now, all the while Noelle is still undercover.

A few more moments pass of the walking husk in your arms trying to regain their breathe. They are called a husk, but in this moment they are the most alive they've been in awhile.

With no more tears to be shed, and no more cries to uttered, they shakily gave you one last squeeze. When pulling away they felt a certain presence loom over them again. They mentally cursed, but were glad that whatever it was allowed them this one moment. Even if it was just one, it meant everything.

Even so, they still waged war on it.

Their plots for revenge would be put on pause by your voice, "I may not be able to fully understand everything yet, but I'll stay with you, okay? I always have."

Kris, with shaking hands, gave you a thumbs up. A weak smile graced their lips.

Just like that, Kris wasn't Kris anymore.

They took your hand and help you up, now standing alone in a darkened alley once inhabited by the enigma of the city.

Soon you began to walk.
~~~

"KRIS- KRIS WHERE THE HELL ARE- oh there you are!"

The Queen brightened once Kris opened the door. Easily slipping inside
they took the control of the car.

"Kris, you're such a dear! I can't thank you enough for- hold on a minute-"

The Queen suddenly contorted herself in her seat to look towards the back. Her arms and legs sprawled out as she gripped the car seat she was in. Kris had to smash themself into the back of their seat in order to not be stabbed by the Queen's heel.

"Oh! You're not dead! Lmao."

There you were, frozen in place. You were halfway done with buckling your seatbelt when the Queen decided to become a spider.

Sheepishly, you placed the seatbelt in with a 'click'. Nervously, you smiled at her. Questioning on how she even managed to get herself into the position is such a fast manner. Then you remembered that this is a world opposite to your reality, and that you've been living with a ventriloquist dummy for the past several hours.

"Ah ha- yeah, I'm not, thankfully...?"

In all honesty, you had no idea how to approach this, hoping that since Kris was the driver they'd know how to help.

The Queen did her signature laugh, then in a flash she threw what looked like a chalice out the car window, shattering it. The chalice exploded.

You stared in utter confusion.

"Don't worry that was my celebratory "You're Not Dead" chalice. It's fine."

She laughs again, "So are you finally going to be my willing peon?" Being this up close had caused you to realize that her eyes were actually some sort of strange screen. To which it currently read 'PLZ (づ ◕‿◕ )づ'

"Well uh, you see-"

Before you could even begin to half-ass an excuse Kris cut in.

"SIBLING."

"...What?"

"SIBLING- They are my sibling! [Y/n]. Sibling. Yes."

"Oh wait, you can actually speak?" Just as fast as she he had taken her weirdly positioned stance, she was back to normal in her seat,

Kris only nods.

"Oh! Well then! I guess we have a three-way double trucies! How delightful!" She threw another chalice out the window, which had somehow repaired itself, but had now shattered a second time. The chalice had exploded against one of the many orange cars driving next to the yours.

The poor thing spiraled out of control and rammed i to the others. Causing just a spiral of loud booms and several red cloud bursts. It just kept trailing backwards and forwards, like dominoes.

You just awkwardly sat there, now noticing the figure that sat next to you.

"Lmao." Was all the Queen said as Kris accidentally ran into another car, causing it to squeak and fly into the still active car pile-and-fire up.

You tried your best to avert your attention, the constant loud bangs were starting to affect you. Feeling a terrible pulsing sensation beginning to form in your skull. You haphazardly rubbed your temples.

With a sudden chill and a squeak you felt a hand on your shoulder. It was the person next to you.

Their robe was strangely familiar. Their face was a cardboard box with robot face poorly scrawled onto it. They also had- Antlers?

Before you could say anything they lifted the box, revealing-

"Noelle?" You whispered, only to receive a finger being pressed to your lips. Noelle gave silently nodded towards the Queen, obviously paranoid.

You gave a quiet 'Oh' and then nodded. Noelle smiled and let go of the box, concealing her features once again.

The Queen sat up, and went to look at you again. Luckily she didn't decide to sprawl out like she did the last time.

"Oh, you know Noelle? My little sweetie honey baby gravy?" Okay, that one was just weird. "Have you seen her at all? She went missing and I'm beginning to get worried. Me and Kriss-Kross Applesauce have a double trucies, they help me find Noelle, I help them find their teammates."

She took a sip from another chalice that had just popped into her hand. The same weird glowing liquid from before.

The Queen took notice of your staring and pressed the chalice to you, "Oh? Are you interested in my [Totally All-Age Appropriate] battery acid?"

You sheepishly continue to just look at it, "I don't know what they put in this stuff but-" she takes another sip, "that stuff buuuuuuuuu-" she then proceeded to glitch out for several seconds.

Reminded you of a certain salesman...

"So, wanna take a sip, sweetie?" She pressed the chalice even closer.

Not wanting to make a scene, you carefully took the chalice from her hand. She smiled brightly, she appeared genuinely excited the you were about to try.

Kris and Noelle could only sit in anticipation. The only current noise being the faint explosions behind the car and the occasional obstacle Kris would run into.

The neon green juice had quite the pungent smell. It was off-putting, yet enticing at the same time. An oxymoron of a drink. With how this world worked, it seemed fitting enough.

Without any further stalling, you brought the chalice to your lips, and took one sip.

It stung, but wasn't awful? It was just powerful.

The Queen clapped her hands together in glee.

"I knew it! You-"

That was the last thing you heard from her before you passed out. You had gone in for a second sip, but the sensation was just too strong for you. Everything began to revolve, black spots turned your vision to static. Muffled voices was all you could hear.

Just like that, it was as if someone had flipped a switch.

☠︎⚐︎🕈︎ ☹︎☜︎❄︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎ ☞︎🕆︎☠︎ 👌︎☜︎☝︎✋︎☠︎

-----------------

Woe, lore be upon ye!

Seriously though, now we're getting into the good stuff! Hope I've intrigued you enough ;)

Have an amazing day/night!

DrowsyCryptid