[8] ENGL4RGE YOUR HE4RT

"THEN A DEAL'S A DEAL!"

The grid faded away, the music along with it. Which bummed you out, since had been jamming to it while dodging attacks.

Kris let out a large sigh, that it was finally over.

"Pleasure doing business with ya kid! Step one is now complete!"

He clasped his hands together, positively overflowing with eagerness.

"I'll be waiting at my [home-made storefront site] in the [trash area closed for repairs]"

Spamton held a professional air about him when speaking. He's clearly done this before, just not to a successful degree.

"Come...ALONE..." His voice lowered and became gravelly, his eyes darkened and his smile faded. But just like a switch, he was back to normal.

The fact that he specified 'alone' put Kris on edge. At least when visiting Jevil they could have their whole party. It was encouraged, even.

Although, they was grateful at the fact that only they were told to come. They could could finally kick his-

"Oh! You can come too, [Y/n]! I wouldn't want to exclude the [Crown Piece] from my [GRAND SLAM] [Special Deal]!"

You could hear a pin drop. Kris' eye twitched in anger. That same feeling they got when your phone rang began to surface. They weren't sure what the big picture was yet, but they knew it was somehow all connected. Hopefully Spamton wouldn't pull anything else at this point-

In a matter of seconds, he was gone. Sliding down the alleyway while spouting his usual babblings and laughter. The paladin looked to their right, seeing you standing there dumfounded, cheeks ablaze. They'd call you a tomato if it weren't for the circumstances.

Spamton had bunny hopped his way up to you, planting a swift kiss on your cheek before making his exit. Your thoughts were left to spiral, trying to make sense of what happened, and how exactly you felt about it. It wasn't like you didn't like it.

The air was still, the loud honking and buzzing of the city overtook the area. Thick tension flowed between the two of you.

Kris was semi-hunched over with their hand hovering over their chest. They were struggling, fighting back, wanting to take control. If only for a moment.

That gremlin was going to get it-

They were about to pull through, snap the strings and grab the source of their restraint. They would be free-

"Kris? Krispy, are you good? You look like you're hurting..." Your voice dug into them, distracting them from the action they were about to make. Regaining a composed posture they decided that maybe now wasn't the time to do so.

Your brows were furrowed, worry filled your [e/c] eyes, "Kris, I need you to be serious with me, are you okay?" They said nothing as they stumbled their way to you.

You were confused at first, but soon realized, opening your arms. Without a moment of hesitation they hugged you once again. Their grip was tighter than anything you've experienced before. Now that Spamton was gone, they could fully let their guard down.

Through muffled sniffles and hiccups, Kris tried their best to explain what had happened to you. It was a lot, but so was the story they told you yesterday, you didn't mind. According to them, Susie and them had arrived not long after you were thrown off the edge. They too had encountered the queen, but were lucky enough to avoid her, except Noelle.

As Kris continued to speak, they were growing more and more irrational. For once, the choices were fuzzy, there was nothing there to force their hand. Whatever thing that had been in control of them seemingly backed off. Just for this one moment. Allowing them one moment of emotional clarity.

They took ahold of it with no hesitation. Collapsing to their knees, you dropped down with them, Kris cried and sobbed. How worried they were, how worried they were about you. You, the last thing to keep them fully grounded in this chaotic timeline.

Never saying a word you rubbed circles on their back, and held them close. It's been far too long since they'd broken down like this. As depressing as it was, maybe they needed this. The past weeks they've been on edge, constantly checking themself in the mirror, paranoid even.

So to see Kris in such an emotionally vulnerable state was a relief. To know that they were still there. That even after everything, it was still Kris.

It was obvious they were struggling, the look in their eyes said it all. Even when when shielded by hazelnut locks, it was still evident. Those shaking rubies have been through some things, things that you perhaps hadn't been ready for yet.

But Kris was strong, stronger than strong, even. They could make it through, you believed in them. They were determined enough, and you'd be there the whole way.

But you had to wonder, why had they been so off put by Spamton? Of course, they hadn't taken kindly to how affectionate he was with you, they've always been like that whenever someone got too close to you. No matter how many times you tried to assure them you'd be fine, they'd always insist they needed to protect you.

It only started after Asriel left.
-------------------------
There you go! Another chapter after an eternity! I hope this once was on the same level as the previous chapters, was kind of worried about it being a drop in quality.

If there are any suggestions you have, feel free to comment them! I'm more than happy to adjust things to make it more enjoyable!

But anyhow, have an amazing day/night!

DrowsyCryptid