Chapter 4

Cloudjumper, the dragonet, and the light red dragon walked back to the tent.

"For that Cloudjumper," the light red dragon said "I will give you a half-price deal for the metal"

"That is very kind of you Hibiscus, I will gladly take that offer."

"Please don't call me that," Hibiscus said.

"Ok, speaking of names, what is yours," Cloudjumper asked the dragonet.

"simmer," he said very quietly.

"Well simmer, where are your parents?"

"Dead, they died at the battle near the Ice Kingdom."

"Where do you live?"

"On the streets. I survive from stealing," he chuckled. "like from you." Simmer answered. Cloudjumper thought for a moment

"I have an idea," he said.

"What is it" Simmer asked.

"You can work for me, and if you do I let you live at my place," Cloudjumper said.

"I guess" Simmer said.

"if you don't want to, we can always send you to the dungeons at the palace..." Hibiscus said.

"No! no, that won't be necessary. I will work for you."

"good" Cloudjumper said. Cloudjumper tossed another bag of jewels to Hibiscus and Cloudjumper said, "I'll expect the next shipment tomorrow. Also, what day is it?" he asked.

"Monday" she answered (Authors note; in Wings of Fire there is no day system that I know of. So, I am going to use the regular day system that we all know. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.). MONDAY!?! He thought. I only have 7 days!?! I need to finish 550 Swords in 7 days! The Queen will have my head for sure!

"come on, we got to go," Cloudjumper said to Simmer. Simmer nodded acknowledging that he heard Cloudjumper. Cloudjumper and Simmer said goodbye to Hibiscus and took off to the air. When they got back it was almost dark. "You can sleep in my hammock if you want." Cloudjumper offered to Simmer

"That would be great!" simmer said enthusiastically. "I have never slept in a hammock before!" They landed and Cloudjumper showed the small home to Simmer.

"You can sleep here," Cloudjumper said as he indicated to the hammock.

"okay" Simmer Said. Then he hopped in the hammock, as he did his forward momentum flipped the hammock making him land on the ground. Cloudjumper laughed. Not a small laugh or a chuckle but a laugh that came from the belly.

"you are supposed to go on it slowly, so then you don't fall off," Cloudjumper told Simmer. The next try Simmer stayed in the Hammock. Cloudjumper got out another hammock he had from a small chest at the other end of the room. He set up the hammock and laid in and he and Simmer fell asleep.