chapter 11

Cloudjumper drew his sword from its sheath. The Mudwing general got his spear in a defensive position. They circled each other like sharks circling their prey. It was the Mudwing that struck first. He thrust the spear towards Cloudjumper's chest. Cloudjumper easily blocked the attack and brought his sword down on the wood shaft. The metal and wood collided, the spot where Cloudjumper hit was cut clean off. Looking at what's left of the spear, the general tossed it aside. He then drew out a short sword. The Mudwing, more cautious, approached Cloudjumper, weapon at the ready. Cloudjumper ran forward swinging his sword down to the general's head. The Mudwing, Blocked the attack and slashed at Cloudjumper's chest. When the black his Cloudjumper's scales, it cut through. Cloudjumper let out a yell of agony. It was not a mortal wound, but it was a painful one. Cloudjumper went for a counterattack. Swinging his sword sideways at the Mudwing. The Mudwing blocked. When the blades collided, a loud Clang! The Mudwing tried to hit Cloudjumper's wrist. But he failed. The battle was like a dance. Neither could outdo the other. Until Cloudjumper's sword shattered. The metal pieces flew everywhere. The Mudwing thrust his short sword and Cloudjumper's heart. Cloudjumper grabbed the blade with his right claw. The sword slipped a little bit through Cloudjumpers claw, cutting it. the Mudwing pushed harder, the tip pierced Cloudjumper's chest.

"Once I'm don't with you, I'm killing the dragonet." The general taunted. Cloudjumper's calm presence vanished. Replaced with complete anger and hatred.

"The only one you killed is yourself," Cloudjumper said through gritted teeth.

"Oh yeah, why's that?"

"You challenged me and threatened my son." Cloudjumper then raised his claw and slashed the general in the eyes. The general let go of the sword and fell backward screaming. Cloudjumper pulled out the blade from his chest. Blood covered the blade and his chest. He then walked up to the general the said,

"Any last words before you die?"

"You'll regret this." And with that, Cloudjumper cut the throat of his opponent. The Mudwing made a gurgling sound and then died. Cloudjumper suddenly got dizzy. His legs then buckled, and he fell to the ground.