chapter 10

Shoto pov ]

She fell asleep fast. I let myself be engulfed by the sound of the TV playing softly in the background and the warm feeling of having her sleeping next to me again. I ran my fingers through her hair. I nuzzle my face into the top of her head, the sweet scent of vanilla coming off her, I couldn't get enough of it.

I could feel our breaths synchronize as I fell asleep. There was no place I'd rather be than here.

After what feels like a few minutes my phone goes off. I turn it off and turn to look at the beautiful girl next to me. I push the hair away from her face, tucking it behind her soft, fluffy ear. I pet her ear softly running my finger on the edges. It was cute to watch it twitch. "Castleman, It's time to wake up," I say kissing her forehead. Her eyebrows pinch together. "No, I wanna stay like this just a little longer."

"I know, I do too. But you have to go to work." With a quiet groan, she gets up. "Don't call me Castelman anymore." She says walking to the bathroom and grabbing a hair clip. "If we're going to see more of each other call me Kaylynn. Castleman is too formal." She smiles. I walk up to her and caress her face. "I'd love to call you mine but I know I'll have to work on that.  In the meantime, I think first name will work."

Her face turns bright red. "Shut up." She giggles shoving me gently away. We heading toward the lobby I inform her I won't be in town till Thursday as I would be on a business trip with my dad.

"I hope to have a response by then, about dinner with me on Friday," I say hugging her goodbye. She nodded in response and hugs me tighter. She gives me a small wave as she walks behind the front desk.

Once I got back to the dorm I packed my bags and prepared to leave in the morning. I'm not exactly sure where I was going to be or I'd be able to text Kaylynn. It worried me a little to not be able to hear from her.

The next morning I woke up early but just laid there reminiscing on the times I slept next to Kaylynn. Seeing the sun cast on her face was like a rare portrait in an art gallery. I got up and got ready and waited downstairs for my dad it picks me up.

It was quiet once I got into the car and we didn't speak much the whole way to the airport. Once on the plane, he started going over matters we would be attending on this trip. "I'd like to remind you that you will be attending Friday's banquet."

"I already have plans so I won't be attending," I tell my father. "Well, whatever it is cancel it. The whole family will be there."

"Will mom be there?" I retort. He stays slight just looking at me. "If you must know I'll be taking a girl out for dinner Friday." I continue. "Oh is it that young girl Yayurozu Momo? You can have her be your plus one. I like her." He states. "No, Yayurozu and I haven't been anything in a while. it's someone else I met recently. I genuinely like her and would not like to leave a bad impression of myself."

"Bring her then, I'd like to meet her." I look at him. We don't have the best relationship but he's been trying so I guess it's only fair to let him win from time to time. I still make it a challenge though. "Very well but don't be mad when we sneak out," I say rolling my eyes.

I really didn't need to come on most business trips but publicity pays. So going out on a few events selling the whole father-son hero duo made money and I got a cut so it was a bit worth it. Although I'm hoping to make a good chunk myself once I'm a pro hero. Once we arrived we got to the hotel and dropped off our stuff then headed off to dinner.

Dinner was mostly planning for interviews, sponsorships, meet and greet, you know those kinda things. I glance at my phone only to see a few messages from classmates and app notifications. Would it be too desperate of me to text her? "Just do it man life's too short." Kirishima's voice played in my head.