Chapter 10

Rumlow drags Anna out the back of the building. She sees Bucky around the corner but shakes her head slightly at him telling him to stay back. She winks at him as she brings her leg up behind her and kicks Rumlow between the legs. He hunches over and she takes the moment to launch at him, flipping and landing on his shoulders bringing him down with her legs.

Loki exits the building as Anna straddles Rumlow. "Oh Pet. My faith in you never wavered." She laughs as she stands up and Loki makes handcuffs appear and places them on Rumlow's wrists.

Bucky comes up to Anna, fretting over her as he inspects her. "Bucky! I'm fine!"

He clenches his jaw, pointing toward Loki. "Yeah, no thanks to him." He turns to Loki and pushes him against the wall. "You were supposed to protect her."

Anna pulls Bucky off of him. "Doesn't look like she needs protection, does she?" Loki retorts with a smirk as Natasha takes Rumlow to question him about where he got the bombs to sell in the first place.

***

Nobody says anything on the way back to the compound. When they land Anna goes straight to her room without saying anything. She showers and as she finishes changing her clothes, she hears a knock on her door. She doesn't have to look to know who it is on the other side of the door. "Go away, Buck."

Bucky doesn't understand why she is so upset. Was he not allowed to worry about her? "Doll, please." He rests his head on the door, hearing nothing from the other side. She had never really been mad at him before now. He decides to go downstairs and make her something to eat, knowing she is always hungry after a mission.

Anna takes her guitar to the roof patio and finds Loki already there. He turns to look at her with a small smile. "I can go, if you prefer."

Anna shakes her head with a sigh. "No, no. You were here first. I just came up here to play. Release a little pent-up frustration."

"Well if that's what you need, I'd be happy to help Pet." He smirks as he winks at her.

Anna was used to Loki flirting with her. It was usually just to bother Bucky. Or so she always thought. This time seemed a bit different. He wasn't really joking, but she decided to shrug it off. She sits on the table and starts playing as Loki just sits in silence and listens as she sings.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
Though winds of change are throwing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing like me yet
I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love

As she finishes, Loki smiles at her as she feels her face flush. "That's beautiful Pet."

"I don't normally allow anyone to listen. Only Buck."

She feels him hesitate beside her and he hangs his head down. "He loves you. He was just worried. Don't be too hard on him." He disappeared with a pop as Anna hears someone clear their throat behind her and she realized Loki must have heard Bucky coming.

Bucky sets down a plate of food next to Anna. "I made you something to eat." He was a bit jealous seeing Loki on the roof with Anna. No one ever got to hear her play but him. Why is she sharing such an intimate thing with him?

Anna seems to read Bucky's mind as she sighs. "He was up here before I was. I didn't want to kick him out. And besides, he is my friend Buck."

Bucky snorts, shaking his head. "How can you be friends with someone like him? After all he has done."

Anna stands up, now angry at his closed-mindedness. "Really? Are we going to start judging people for their pasts? Winter Soldier?" She leaves the food and storms off back to her room with her guitar.

Bucky stood frozen in his spot, feeling like he got punched in the gut. Anna had never once brought up him being the Winter Soldier the entire time he knew her.

***

Anna finds she can't sleep, waking up in the middle of the night to her stomach growling. She never did eat anything after the mission. In the refrigerator, she finds a plate with a note with her name on it. She laughs as she grabs it to warm it up. He is always taking care of her. But sometimes what she needed was space. And trust. She wasn't sure anymore if Bucky could do either of those. Everything he did was just shouting how scared he was of losing her. She wasn't sure how much longer she could put up with the overprotective, jealous boyfriend he has come to be.

Anna pulls the plate out of the microwave and sits down to eat as Steve comes into the kitchen. "Hey Anna, couldn't sleep?" He disappears into the fridge and grabs two water bottles, setting one in front of Anna.

"Steve, can we talk?" She asks timidly, fidgeting with the bottle.

He sits next to her on the stool with a small smile. "Of course, is something bothering you?"

Anna sighs, looking up at him. "It's about Bucky. I'm wondering what he was like when you knew him. With girls I mean. He just seems so overprotective. And he's constantly acting jealous. I mean, it isn't cute anymore Steve. It is really starting to upset me."

Steve seems to take a moment, so he says the right thing. "Well, Buck never had trouble getting girls. But... he's never been in love with any of them. He worries about you, and not because he thinks you can't take care of yourself. He knows that you can," he places his hand on her cheek, "we all do Anna. He doesn't want to lose you. One miscalculated move and it could all be over. He doesn't mean to be possessive. He cares because you're the only woman he's ever loved. It's all new to him. You should talk to him." Steve points to the food in front of her as he stands up from his stool. "He obviously cares about you." He leans down and kisses Anna on the head before leaving her alone in the kitchen.

After Anna finishes her food, she heads back to her room. She hovers outside her room for a moment, before going to Bucky's. Neither of them say anything as she crawls into bed, cuddling to him and he wraps his arms around her. She knew she loved him and that he was the only man she had ever loved. She had never felt safer than when she was wrapped in his arms. "I'm sorry Bucky," she whispers as all she hears is him shush her before she falls asleep.

***

Anna wakes up in the morning still wrapped in Bucky's arms. He was still asleep as she watched his chest rise and fall with each breath. She slowly traced her hands along the muscles of his abdominals. She hears him softly moan as her hand moves down to his underwear. "Mmm, Doll."

She puts her finger up to his mouth. "Don't say anything, Buck." She reaches her hand into his underwear and grabs his already throbbing cock. She hears him moan softly again as she moves down to between his legs and places her mouth on the tip of his cock. She twirls her tongue around the tip as she strokes the base and feels his hips thrust to meet her movements. She strokes urgently as she sucks his cock.

Bucky finally can't take it anymore as he leans forward and in one swift movement, he is on top of Anna on the bed. "Good morning, James," she giggles, her giggle always doing something to him.

He pushes her panties to the side and gently, but firmly thrusts inside of her wetness causing her to elicit a gasped moan. He moves into her urgently, and her mouth falls open, wrapping herself around him. "I love you, doll. I'm sorry."

"I love you too, James," she whimpers, pulling his mouth down to hers as he gripped her hips tightly. She groaned when he pulled his mouth away. "I know you just worry about me. I'm com..."

He cuts her off, placing his hand over her mouth the way she liked as they both came together, panting. "I'll try to back off a little, okay?" He offers as he lies beside her.

"Let's not talk about it right now. I just want to go to sleep."