A Byee For Forever?

" Jahan bhi jaana, khush rehna Maa." Anika said with meeting her eyes. Bondita bent down to her height. She held her face lovingly and caressed it. Kissing her forehead, she said " Apna khayal rakhna. Dadu, Kaka Kaki sabka khayal rakhna. Apne baba ka bhi.."

" Mein unse baat nahi kar rhi. Woh bohot Bure hai." Anika said crying and sniffing. Bondita wiped her tears, and said " Nahi beta. Aisa nahi hai. Yeh din ek na ek din aana hi tha. Aisa kabhi mat bolna ki tumhare baba bure hai. Unhone tumhare liye bohot sacrifices kiye hai. Don't think he is bad."

" Vivaah toot gaya apka. Phir kyun tarafdaari kar rhi ho aap boudi?" Batuk said with an unknown pain in his voice.

" Vivaah toota hai, dosti nahi." Bondita said looking at the closed study door, where Anirudh was hiding. A lone tear slipped down Anirudh's eyes.

Bondita stood up, and took blessings of Kaka and Binoy. She hugged Naina and Tara. Both of the them were crying continuously. Breaking the hug, she held their hands and said " Dada aur Batuk ka khayal rakhna. Waise toh Dada samajhdaar hai par beech beech mein Pagal gaaye ban jaate hai." Hearing her everyone giggled while Somnath frowned and hit her lightly on the arm.

" Aur Tara, yeh motu ko kam khaana dena. Failta hi jaa raha hai." Bondita said teasing him with tears in her eyes. Batuk just ran towards her and hugged her by keeping hands around her shoulders. Bondita rubbed his forearm and said "Khayal rakhna. Zyada mat khaana. Specially Raat ko, chupke. Ab mein nahi hoon, ki tumhare tarafdaari karun Kaka ke saamne." Both of them cried even more.

Atlast after talking with everyone, she looked at the closed door of the study. Anirudh was sitting against it, looking at his watch. He didn't have the energy to meet her eyes, to talk with her and Specially say byee to her. It was though his decision, to break the relation up, but he never thought that she would leave his house. She might not stay as wife but she could stay as his friend, Best Friend.

The Cham Cham sound of payal reached his ears, indicating that Bondita was coming towards him. The sound stopped near door. She was standing. Bondita bend down and kept her hand on the door.

" Barrister Babu.."  Bondita whispered. Anirudh closed his eyes annoyingly. He was used to her calling him with different names. He himself didn't knew when he gave her the permission to do that.

He opened his mouth to speak but couldn't.
" Apne aap ko mat kosiyega. Please. Koi Samjhe na Samjhe, I understand. Ki aapne yeh kyun kiya...jhoote rishte mein baandhne ke wajay aapne mujhe sach keh kar azaad kiya hai."

Anirudh turned and sat facing the glass door. Tears fell down his eyes. " Agar aap mujhe sun rhe hai, toh jahan meine haath rakha hai wahan apna haath rakh dijiye. Please."
He rested his palm, where hers was lying.
" Thank you. Thank you for everything."

The word Thank You somehow pained Anirudhs ears. These word depicted pain to him. Behind these two words was  Pain she suffered because of him. Though Bondita was genuinely thanking him but Anirudh didn't want her Thank You.

" Aakhri baar nahi milenge?" Bondita said. Anirudh slowly removed his hand. He wanted to meet her, but didn't have the courage. After causing her pain, he didn't have any right to meet her.

Bondita saw him removing his hand which indicated no. She smiled and said " Byee..". Bondita stood up and walked away slowly. And again he heard the Cham Cham noise, but for last time. Anirudh stood up and walked near the window. Som kept her luggage in the the car and opened the door for her. Bondita waved a byee to everyone.

Anika hoped in the car and layed on Bondita's lap, for the last time. Bondita patted her head and Somnath drove away the car.

He heard Kaka and Baba shouting his name and saying a lot of things. But he cared less. He saw outside the window till his eyes could reach and once he saw the car was gone away,he took a deep breath.

He sat on the chair and remembered how they used to fight for who will sit. A small smile came and closed his eyes. The smile was there, but tears too fell.

Precap :

Bondita was crying and crying. She kept her hand on her mouth to muffle her voice. When she heard a manly voice.

" Mooh mein hath rokne se zyada acha hai jee kholar Rona. Man halka ho jaata hai." A manly voice hit her ears. Bondita looked at the man, who with a smile forwarded a handkerchief.

In Roy Chowdhary Mansion

Anirudh was sleeping when he saw a dream.
" Bondita" he shouted her name and took deep breath.

# Sorry for short part. I am actually busy cause I have again shifted from Mumbai to Kolkata and loads of works are pending. So please please wait a little.