4. SERAPHIC RHYTHM

Sewa knew the normal heart rate was 60 to 100 beats per minute but she knew hers was way more than that. She felt her heart race and beat multiple times within a second.

Her stomach kept releasing oxytocin, making her feel those butterflies all over.

"I'm Ini. I..."

His voice rang in her ears again, playing a seraphic rhythm she was sure she'd never get tired of hearing continuously. She blushed real hard.

Immediately, Sewa ran to Jenny's room along with her bowl of cornflakes. She inwardly hoped her sister was awake, though it was just 8:40pm. She was well aware that sleeping was one of her sister's hobby, though she was a nightcrawler. Weird isn't it? Sleep all day and awake all night.

In all shades of ecstasy, Sewa barged into her room only to meet a sleeping Jennifer. She was a bit disappointed. Nonetheless, she opted to waking her up. Due to her extreme excitement, she shook her sister vigorously after placing her bowl of cornflakes carefully on the reading table.

Sewa heard her sister mumbling some words and that was enough to send her into a fit of laughter.

Hearing her sister's laughter, Jenny sprang up only to meet her sister on the floor laughing hysterically.

"Adesewa! What is it nau? Why are you in my room ni?" She got laughter as her response. Annoyed by her sister's reaction, she threw a hard cover book at her sister.

"Ouch!"

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes... Yes." She managed to say amidst laughter.

"I doubt. Get up before you dirty my floor jooh. Why are you here sef? If you're not saying anything then get out before I release my anger on you for waking me up for no reason. Are you..."

"Oya chill. Chill." She took her bowl of cornflakes with her as she comfortably sat on an angry Jenny's bed.

"This better be important sha, because the way I will beat you if it's not ehn..." She glared at her sister, as though she was shooting invisible lasers at her and creating a hole in her head.

"It is. Don't worry. So something just happened." She paused. She fiddled with her braids, her cheeks rising as she blushed uncontrollably.

"This one that you are behaving like this ni..."

"Ini called and guess..."

"Woooaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!"

Sewa placed her hand over her ears to block out her sister's obnoxiously high voice.

"Then what next? What did both of you talk about?" Sewa touched her nape nervously as she thought of how to answer her sister.

"Wait. Don't tell me you did something stupid." She looked at her, her eyes open wide.

"I cut the call." She said, smiling sheepishly.

"Oluwa! Iru arabinrin wo ni mo? Ẽṣe ti iwọ fi kọ̀ lati ni oye ni?" Jenny placed her hand dramatically on her hand.