2. INDECISIVE

A teardrop escaped from her eyes. It was probably a tear of joy. Like, it's not everyday you see your crush walking towards you, especially when you need it.

Sewa stood there transfixed, as the figure made his way towards her. Her happiness knew no bounds as he engulfed her in a warm embrace. She had on a wide smile. But then she noticed it. She noticed something that brought her back to reality, as she was already on cloud nine. His scent was different.

Ini's scent was one she could recognize anywhere, any day and anytime. He had this chocolate-y scent, but the person in whose arm she was, had an entirely different scent. Immediately Sewa noticed this, she drifted away from the hug. She looked at the person and her eyes were met with a pair of onyx eyes, rather than the honey brown eyes she adores. Realization hit her. It was Timi. She cursed under her breath, feeling a tad disappointed.

If only she had remembered to put on her contact lens, this wouldn't have happened. When Sewa was 13, she was diagnosed with myopia. Hence, the need for her lens.

For the first time after she became friends with Timi, she mistook him for his twin; Ini.

"Sewa, we have been looking for you. And here you are crying your eyes out because of one idiot." Abim said as she walked towards the duo.

"Don't forget, the 'idiot' is my twin." Timi said, causing Sewa to smile lightly. A smile which disappeared as quickly as it came.

'Was it that obvious that I cried?' Sewa asked herself.

'Of course. They're your friends. They'd notice, stupid.' A voice in Sewa's head replied.

"I'm sorry about everything." Timi said, hugging Sewa again. She really needed it at that moment. She sniffled.

"It's not your fault. Thanks for coming here though."

"Yeah. No p. We're best friends afterall." He said with a wink.

"Oya enough of all these. Y'all know how much I hate all these lovie lovie moments dem." Abim said, rolling her eyes. We chuckled.

"Are you ready to go or..." Timi trailed off. "Yeah. Let's go." Sewa said, a tinge of happiness evident in her voice.

♧     ♧     ♧

"Mummy good evening!" Sewa said, as she plopped on the black and red couch situated in the living room. Her slightly drenched body wetting the couch. She pushed the black and white striped throw-pillow aside so as not to wet it. Her mom nodded in response, whilst concentrating fully on the programme she was watching on Zee World and munching the chin chin which sat beside her.

Sewa rolled her eyes at that. She wondered why her mom was so interested in that particular channel, like her life depended on it.

Suddenly, an idea hit Sewa like a bus. She looked at her mom, ready to execute her plan. 'The outcome wouldn't be all that bad.' She thought, smiling smugly to herself.

Before Mrs Peters could process it all, she saw her daughter's hand in her bowl of chin-chin and immediately she retracted her hand full of chin chin, she ran away, but not too fast. Trust Nigerian mothers.

Momentarily, Sewa's mom removed one of her slippers and threw it at Sewa's left leg.

Sewa caught her sister staring at her in her moment of anguish, stifling her laughter. She mouthed a 'waka' to her, showing her sister five fingers, with an awkward smile.