Prologue

Saunders University High School - Student Council Office

"Huh? Are you joking?" Kay exclaimed in astonishment as she looked at the three people who had suddenly presented an unusual proposal to her - a proposal different from the common requests that Saunders usually received.

"I repeat, we want to establish our own Senshado team," the girl in the black coat said, her tone refined and smooth.

Alisa and Naomi stood near the door. Alisa tried her best to stifle her laughter, while Naomi wore a cheeky smile. Neither of them expected what was happening right now.

"Geez, this is unexpected. But we all know that building your own Senshado team requires a lot of resources, right? And I believe you already know this," Kay said, giving a low-key warning to the pair.

"We know, but we really want to become independent and leave Saunders' shadow," the girl wearing a Kamesa de Chino said.

Kay admired the dedication of the two and respected it, so she didn't show any unpleasant reaction. Even though she expected this to happen, it was still a surprise for her that one of their colony schools was announcing their independence despite all odds. However, Naomi and Alisa had completely different reactions.

"Heh, do you have any idea how harsh the Senshado tournaments are? Without even 20% of our resources, do you really believe that your puny school can even reach the second bracket? At this point, even the current lowest-ranking Senshado team from any school could defeat you with no sweat," Alisa explained with a touch of mockery, but the two didn't flinch.

"Alisa! That's not really Senshado-friendly behavior," Kay reprimanded Alisa for her remarks.

"S-sorry, ma'am!" Alisa quickly apologized.

"But Alisa has a point though. We're talking about a school with low resources and a lack of training about tanks," Naomi stated with her natural calm demeanor.

The girl in the black coat smiled.

"So, all of you underestimate us? Well then, how about we make a bet?" the girl in the Kamesa de Chino said, followed by a determined smile.

Kay, Naomi, and Alisa stared at her with bewilderment. But Kay's confusion changed to joy and excitement as she understood their dedication, and an idea suddenly appeared in her mind.

"Okay, fine! You got me. I'll give your school a chance to prove their independence, but under three conditions," Kay said.

Both Naomi and Alisa were shocked by Kay's words.

"Wait a minute!? Are you really sure about this?" Alisa asked.

"Well, I think there's no problem about it. Well then, these are my conditions," Kay said, and the two guests listened with excitement.

1. All authority and planning for this challenge are on us. So just accept everything, okay?
2. If your Senshado team fails to prove themselves, we are allowed to close your school entirely.
3. And lastly, if your school manages to prove themselves, we are no longer required to fund your school because it's independent now. It's up to you to manage everything after."

After hearing the conditions, the determined girls' reactions started to shift. Both of them now had expressions of doubt, but despite their fear, they managed to regain their determined state. They looked at each other and then to Kay, their eyes serious.

"We accept the challenge," both of them spoke, followed by Kay's energetic smile.