Chapter 11: Amihan

After a successful ambush, Mariposa feels even more confident on their skills but there's still an objective that must be done for their plan to work. And she really loving the role assigned to her tank crew.

As an instigator, she must always provoke Ooarai by teasing them by any means without doing a direct combat. The first time this role is assigned to them by Josie and Andressa, only one thing quickly comes to her mind...

The paint shells. A perfect way to gives some sort of annoyance to enemy tanks by giving them new skins.

"Mariposa! Is your squad still going?" Andressa call on the radio. She can hear the continious explosions in the background which make her even more concerned.

"Yahhh. We still doing- doing what's in the plan and we ma- manage to eliminate one tank. Anyway, how about your- your mission there?" Mariposa replies while fidgeting his hair and her voice getting interrupted by loud explosions, it seems that getting bombarded by shells doesn't  faze her much.

"No problems and the preparation is almost done. Just do your best to not let them see what we're doing."

"Okey dokey! In fact Ooarai is following me- right now and we are ready for another surprising bonus for them."

"Nice one and good luck." Andressa's final message before dropping the call.

Mariposa is getting more excited as Ooarai tanks are getting closer and closer.

"Ok! Lets bring them to our spot." Mariposa says.

"Yes Bossing!" Her crew simultenously replies.

Meanwhile in Island B. Andressa and Luna's squad just finished their preparation before the tides starts to devour the sand bridge connecting the two island. As they wait patiently, the surrounding is getting darker and darker. After several minutes, night time begins. Andressa expects a darker night but the brightness of the full moon is proven effective in giving light in the coastline. Because of this, theres no need for them to open their light.

"Hey prez. You want some coffee?" Luna asked. Using a flashlight, she visits her spot to bring Andressa a cup of hot coffee.

"Thanks." Andressa sincerly accepts the coffee and smiles when she see the light brown coloration of it. The aroma also makes her excited.

"3-in-1 coffee. I know you don't like barako blend so I also bring some sugar and milk."

"You really know my taste huh? Perhaps the months of our training makes us familiar with each other." Andressa says the she sips on her coffee.

"I think so. Anyway, it seems that those ragtime trio really enjoying themeselves." Luna says as they both look on the other Island. The lound bangs and explosions are disrupting the supposed silence of the whole island.

*****

The Ooarai team continues to fire multiple barrage of shells on the annoying M3 Stuart, but due to the thickness of the jungle and also the unpredictable pattern the fleeing Stuart is doing. They can only do some scratch or ricochet on it. The M3 Stuart also do some sharp turns that Miho is currently observe.

"Amazing how they seemingly dodge our shells. It looks like they have predicting abilities." Akebi commends their target.

"No. More like its hard for us to predict those peculiar movements. Also, the fact that we are moving in an uneven ground doesn't help us." Shinobu states her opinion.

"Geez... I wish they ready to recieve our serves." Taeko says with mild dissatisfaction.

"Don't worry. Sooner, we going to give them a hard spike. So fight on!" Noriko motivates her crew.