Chapter 27: Hawk's nest

The day finally comes. The area chosen by Saunder's to become the venue for the upcoming battle is a very large arena owned by Saunder's themselves.

Most of it are grassy plains but small patches of forest are available in different spots. Also, a mountain with moderate height is towering the scenery and a concrete village artificially created by Saunders to be used as training ground is also exist further from the natural landscapes. The map of this landscape is given to the two opposing teams in advance thus helping them formulate their own battle plans.

Far from the venue itself, the viewing area is still the same setting as the previous match with minor changes like adding more giant LED screens from different spots like the shopping lane. Also, just like in the past. The venue is full of people ethusiastic for the upcoming match.

In a VIP section reserved for commanders. Nishi, Erika, Anchovy, Darjeeling and Kay with their vice-commanders and other members are waiting for the battle to start and all of them have very serious expressions.

"Somehow, the atmosphere is more heavy than their previous match." Erika's comment.

"Geez... Yes. Feels like more things are on the line. Also, the Corrigidors seems different." Anchovy commented.

"Because they are led by another commander?" Nishi asked.

"Nooo. Did you notice when the two team greets each other? It looks like the Corrigidor members looks exhausted somehow."

Darjeeling sips on her tea as she observes the commanders talk.

"Darjeeling sama? What do you think?" Orange Pekoe asked.

"Hmmmm... Who knows. Maybe all of them are just nervous. This battle is a very big deal for them. If the future of our school is on your hand plus the fact that they facing a combined force of skilled players, it's understandable for them to feel distress." Darjeeling's honest answer. At first, she tries to say a quote but she think that its better to tell her thought clearly this time.

"Darjeeling is right." Kay agrees..

"But still, seeing them in a state they currently in. All of them looks like they abanddon all hope." Katyusha's opinion.

"Katyusha, if they lose hope. They would not participate in the first place." Nonna's opinion.

"Then what are they feeling right now?"

"Hmmm? Nervousness?" Klara's shy answer which makes Katyusha look at her with slight annoyance.

"Kay maybe you know something about this?" Katyusha's question which makes Kay scratch her head.

"I don't know either. I have no idea on their politics and I don't want to dig deeper. Managing their battle is enough stress for me." Kay's answer.

All of the commander and their crew looks at Kay with confusion.

"Hello!"

The commanders look to the source of the greeting and they're delighted to see the former Ooarai student council members. Anzu is still on her energetic form. Behind them is Poly and her assisstant.

"Oh. It's nice to see you again!" Kay's happy greeting.

"Mind if we join you?"

Kay's accepts and give them place to sit, Poly is assissted by her assisstant to transfer from wheelchair to the chair and the wheelchair and easily folded and put aside.

"It's a surprise to see that you're willing to let them use your tank." Darjeelings's comment.

"Well, it's a special situation. Also, we already reached our glory days so its the chance for the new generation to do theirs." Anzu's comment. Darjeeling relates to her, so is Katyusha.