Chapter 13: Habagat

"Turtle team reporting. Theres no any sign of enemies in the area." Anzu reports while looking in the island B using binoculars. Their tank is hidden in the wilderness, quietly observing.

After recieving the report, Miho thinks for any possible reason why. After experiencing the tricky fight with Mariposa's squad, Miho thinks that a cautious approach is more appropriate.

"Please, look one more time. They might preparing for an ambush."

"Nishizumi-chan, we're observing here for almost 20 minutes now and I still can't see any sign of the enemy." Anzu replies.

Miho contemplates what Anzu says. But there's still details that not adding up.

Miho believes that the remaining tanks of Corregidor must playing the defensives now as she see's Mariposa's squad as the offensive part of their team, and defending the entrance is the best option for them considering its strategic value.

"Maybe they prepare their defense in the deeper parts of the Island B and they going to used the small size of the whole island as a leverage?" Miho thinks. Her mind is flooded with possibilities.

"Commander! Let's go. They're cornered now!" Hippo team suggested.

"Yeah. If they don't want to defend the entrance, we must used the opportunity to reach the small island safely." Leopon team approves.

"But. Isn't that too risky? I mean the sand bridge width is only enough for one tank." Anteater doubts.

"Maybe if we cross the sand bridge quickly, we can avoid staying in tight zone. What do you think Nishizumi-chan?" Anzu suggested.

Miho is interested in Anzu ideas. Also, she views that fighting the remaining tanks of Corrigidor in a smaller arena might be better due to their small hiding area. Also, they should not spent long hours waiting or the sand bridge dissapear again.

"Ok, we going to cross the sand bridge as fast as possible. We should regroup first."

"Ok!" Everyone replies.

After Turtle team returns to the main team, they arrange themeselves in the shore. The remaining Ooarai tanks are now in line. Anglerfish is in the front followed by Leopon, Hippo, Turtle, and Anteater.

"Panzer vor!" Miho shouts.

And the line of Ooarai tanks moves with escalating speed and gaps with each other until they reach the optimal speed. They quickly traverse the long stretch of sand but fear still lingers to them as they don't know whats gonna happen to their reckless charge.

Miho is still outside of her hatch, surveying the surrounding for any sign of enemy tank.

"Still no sign of enemy? Its really bothering me".

"Miporin! I just realized, our arrangements is very dangerous." Saori commented.

"I really wish there's no enemy tank waiting for us." Yukari commented.

"Sorry I didn't realize it early on." Miho apologize.

"Its ok. I feel that all of us must be tired, its already late night and our earlier fight adds to our fatigue." Hana's understanding.

Miho smiles.

Now they reach the middle of the sand bridge. Miho is still concerned with the lack of enemy tanks. After few seconds, they now ready to reach the entrance to Island B with zero enemy fire. Now every captain of each tank also choose to peak outside of their hatch and observe using their binoculars.

"This peace doesn't feel relaxing at all. It's like calm before the storm" Erwin commented.

"It makes me feel more nervous." Nekonya says.