Chapter 1: Lylah

"And we, the Jury, find the defendant, Ms. Jackson, guilty of all charges!" A tall, blonde woman with black framed glasses declared to the judge.

"The defendant, Ms. Jackson, I hereby sentence you to 20 years in the State Penitentiary. And Ms. Smith. You are hereby granted with $2 Billion. Case dismissed!" Judge Brown hit his gaval on the desk.

Ivory jumped out of her seat and screamed. She was so excited and I was so happy for her. She'd finally won this life long battle and she didn't have to worry anymore. She could finally be happy and free.

"Yes! I won! Yes bitch! Ha! God dammit! Fuck yes!" She screamed as everyone congratulated her.

Her mother, looking quite pissed. No, not even close. More like resembling the Devil, was escorted out of the courtroom and off to the Penitentiary. Once the crowd cleared, I made my way over to my best friend.

"I'm so happy for you! You finally don't have to deal with all of this bullshit!" I laughed and hugged her.

"Thanks, Lylah. I'm so glad I'm done with this shit. I've waited too long for this." She let out a sigh of relief as we pulled away.

"I know. Oh, and guess what!" I smirked.

"What?" She hesitated.

"My best friend's a Billionaire!" I screamed.

"Oh my god! I'm fucking rich!"

***************

After our little celebration in the courtroom, Ivory and I headed to the bank to get all of the details about the money straightened out. She got an account and put most of it in there to build up interest. She also got a card that was for everyday use.

About two hours later we walked out of the bank and she was loaded with cash. She had full access to her account and she was loving it.

"Come on, Ly. I'm buying lunch. It's only 2 o' clock." She said heading to her car.

"I'm not letting you pay for my food. You know I hate it when you do that."

"Shut the fuck up. I'm buying lunch and there is nothing you can do about it. Okay? Now, let's go. I'm starving. There's nothing better to spend money on than food." She got into the car.

"Ugh! Fine. But I'm buying next time."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever." She sighed.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"Raising Canes?"

"Hell yes!"

"Haha. Okay. Let's go."

(A/N: Alright. Hey, guys! So um, yeah. This is Chapter 1 of 'Journey.' Um . . . I plan to post every Thursday. I already have some chapter lined up! So let's see how this goes! If you like it, please vote and comment! Hell, even if you don't, tell me it's shit so I can delete. Please.)