the third chapter - stomach always has an answer

// bama is the Chinese term when you refer to both of your parents
(information not checked by a fluent speaker, please correct me if im wrong)
// this is the first double pov chapter so far,, please enjoy!
// tmi i really want pizza
// Hyejim is the name of her manager !! 
// double update bc the rankings are going down :(

:: xuxi "

"WAIT, you're dating someone?" the noonas gasped and their faces turned ashen. Am I some creepy ghost?

"What would be surprising if I was? But I'm not, cross my heart! She's just someone I sent a letter to cause I was having a hard time. We're somewhat like - penpals?"

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and smirked "You're blushing, you clearly like her!"

Annoying much? "I've never even met her! Don't think I ever will," I whispered the last part.

Isn't it weird? How I could love someone without ever seeing them or knowing their real name? Or how I get so happy at her letters and always look forward to reading them? I sighed - I'd never meet or know this person. I'd never thank her in person for how reassuring and understanding they've been.

 :: yuqi "

I asked my manager for the time. "11, do you wanna get lunch first or unpack at the quarantine hotel?"

I thought long and hard - that was a lie. My stomach always has an answer, "Hyejim eonnie, let's go to my parents' for lunch. They're expecting us within the week, so we can surprise them now!"

She hailed a cab and we made our way into the busy city: my home, Beijing.

Cars honked and passersby on bicycles tried to squeeze their way through the traffic. Delivery motorcycles were at the traffic's eye, caused by a car crash. I couldn't make out any police and wondered what was taking so long.

Almost an hour of sitting in traffic and growing restless at the countless honks and unrepeatable curses, the cab stopped in front of a humble country house. The newly-painted white walls and garden of overgrown flowers were the only difference I saw from the last time I was here.

"Bama, I'm home!" My manager and I brought our suitcases from the cab and paid the driver.

My mom came rushing out- messy hair, apron, spatula in hand and all. I hugged her tightly, and knew I would always remember my mother, who smelt of flour and peppermint.

Sitting down for luncheon, I could easily tell my parents were already comfortable with my manager, since I visited with her twice before during tours and trips. We talked about my flight, the car accident, and then about me.

"Have you been getting sleep, Yuqi-ah?"

I hesitated before answering, wondering if I should worry her or not.

Hyejim eonnie beat me to it. "No she has not."

I sighed - not like i've been able to get quality sleep in the past year.

:: after "

The clock on the hotel bedside table read 7AM. A tad early, isn't it?

I annoyingly grabbed my phone- the victim for why I was awake.

"Hello?" my sleepy voice tried not to be annoying. You are elasta-girl, put yourself together, I mentally slapped myself.

"Yah! Did you just wake up?" It was my mortal-enemy-best-friend calling. "Yah? Yah!? I'm older than you! Shushu, what time is it there?"

I didn't see it but I knew she rolled her eyes. "8AM, your highness. Yuqi-ya doesn't your quarantine end today? Go eat a lot of food and get rest, and write a letter to your boyfriend while you're at it. Saranghae eonnie!"

Did she suddenly become a rapper? Before I could reply, she hung up. Sigh, what was I gonna do with this child? I didn't even care that she knew about Luca and I's conversations. No no no I did not, not even a little bit-

Yuqi, what are you doing? And who are you kidding? The possibility of the members finding out didn't even cross your mind! You most certainly aren't against it either. You must've lost your mind.

I messaged Shuhua's kakao once before I left for breakfast: love u too dongsaeng 🤪

The day went by busily, and boringly. I pre recorded a few performances for 'Giant', called my parents - nothing out of the ordinary. As I went to bed that night, I took out a pen and clean sheet of paper and started writing.

continuation on the next chap ;)
sleep early tonight (esp if ur here reading wp at 2am, i see u guys yk)
u deserve to wake up rested and energised,,,
mwah mwah love uuuuuu
x maria