CHAPTER 10

Despite Meredith's behavior, and their conversation that night, Aiden headed home. He thought that if he left the hospital, he could escape these crazy feelings that he had, and the dirty thoughts that accompanied them; however, he was completely wrong. Lying in bed, he imagined what life would be like if Meredith was in his life. He had always had samll realationships in high school, after all he was a nice, smart, and very attractive guy. But, after his junior yeah, Aiden had lost his thoughs in studies in science. Fascinated by every aspect of the human body, he decided to become a doctor. As he entered college, he almost totally lost interest in women, he had thought that he had become asexual; that was until he met a wonderful woman in his first year of med school -- his teacher. She was much older than him, but had extensive knowledge in every subject, and was extremly beautiful, but, of course, she was married. The two persued a relationship, despite the fact that she had a husband. But, after only about a month into the relationship, Aiden realized that he was feeling more in lust than in love. He decided to immediately break it off; the guilt that consumed him was more than he could bear, so he moved to Seattle to restart med school without any interruptions or interferences with his future career. Pledging to himself that he would never fall for a girl, he stuck like glue to his work, becoming one of the best surgeons in the world. He knew that he was known everywhere, for he visited many other countries on vacation as well as buiness trips, where others would greet him with open arms because of his success. He lay on his bed, now, contemplating what in the world this feeling could be everytime he saw Meredith. He would practically drop everything that he was doing, jumping out of his skin, and going out of his way to see her. But, he barely knew her, which confused him the most. How could he possibly feel this way about her while only knowing her for a day?

He rolled, tossed and turned in his bed all night wondering what this could mean. Hadn't he sworn anything besides medicine off? Then why would all of his thoughts go straight back to her? If he did let her in, if she let him in, would he become a worse doctor like he always feared? Deciding that he was going to give it a try, Aiden smiled, closed his eyes, and drifted into a deep sleep, his thoughts, now dreams, faded back to Meredith.

The next day, Aiden entered the hospital, determined to find Meredith. He would ask Dr. Bailey for her services, after buttering her up with an amazing surgery, he would ask her out for a drink. Nodding in approval of himself, he stepped into the elevator, heading to his office. Leaning against the back corner of the elevator, he pulled out his organizer, making sure he had nothing to do for the night, and seeing when his next free night was; so at the end of the night, he could reply smoothly, 'I'll pick you up at 7 Thursday night'. He felf goofy as he practiced this line over and over again in his head. Tonight and Thursday night would be their date nights for this week.

The elevator stopped before Aiden's floor, but he figured he could get off here; he could take the stairs from this point. Elevators weren't much of his thing, he was always afraid that he would get stuck with some claustrophobic freak who would drive him crazy, and besides, he needed the exercise. His mind slowly changed as the doors opened, revealing Meredith. Looking up she smiled at him, lifting her arms up quickly before dropping them back to her side, "I got off on the wrong floor," was her excuse.

Aiden smiled back with a small chuckle as she entered the elevator. He took his place back against the corner of the elevator, smiling at her as he stared at her beautiful body. Her back was turned to him, but she could feel his eyes upon her back. Turning halfway around, noticing that he was smiling, she smiled back in confusement, "What?"

"Your going to be late," He cocked his head to the side as she did the night before.

"I already am," she assured him, turning back to face the elevator doors. He pushed himslelf off of the back wall, walking up behind Meredith, making their bodies almost touch. A shiver went down her spine as his hand 'accidentaly' toucher her thigh for a brief second, "You smell nice," he whispered into her ear.

Luckly for her, the elevator came to her floor, and the doors opened. Stepping out, she turned back quickly, "I am so taking the stairs next time," she said, smiling, as she rushed off towards the lockers. He smiled, turning the opposite direction towards his office. Today would be a good day.

Ok, like I said, a short update. A little more into Aiden, I hope it made sense to you guys. In the next few, I'm going to be trying to build the relationships of Meredith and Cristina, Meredith and Burke, and Meredith and Aiden. Why do you ask? Because Meredith is the main character, and she needs lots of relationships to keep her mind from drifting! A main focus, I think, will be Mer Burke and Cristina relationship. I think it's going to be an important factor, but of course we need some Aiden and Mer, no?