―XI. USED

CHAPTER XI

CHAPTER XI. YOU'LL GET USED TO IT.

__________________________________

"GOJO-sensei, please stop laughing at L/n-chan. You're making her feel worse,"

The dark-haired male, Fushiguro as I learned, sighed. He looked over at Gojo, who was standing off to the side, covering his mouth as he kept giggling to himself. I muttered curses under my breath at him, holding the icepack to my forehead. I looked away, blowing a piece of hair from my face with a huff.

Gojo cleared his throat, seemingly gaining his composure back. "Right. I'll pay your mother a personal visit to tell her--"

"STOP IT WITH MY MOTHER, YOU PERV!" I exclaimed, throwing the ice pack at him.

"That's just weird," The girl beside me--Kugisaki, I was told--said, rolling her eyes.

"It's not my fault your mom is hot," Gojo muttered under his breath, making me jump out of the bed after him.

After Fushiguro kept me from beating Gojo senseless, we all sat down in the classroom for what Gojo called a 'lesson'. At first, I thought he was going to just mess around, but he actually got serious. Which was surprising.

"Y/n-chan," He said, turning to me. "Do you know what cursed energy exactly is?"

I shook my head. "No, I don't."

"Cursed energy is born from negative emotions, such as grief and anger," Gojo explained. "These negative feelings are common in human society, so almost everyone possesses cursed energy. However, if this amount is higher than a certain degree, it grants the person the ability to see curses, which is very rare among the human race. You, on the other hand, possess more than enough cursed energy to see curses."

"That's why Yuki and Oyama couldn't see that curse?" I asked. He nodded.

"Curses are entirely made from cursed energy. Even their bodies are composed of cursed energy, making cursed spirits invisible to non-sorcerers," Gojo said. "When you stumbled upon that curse, your friends didn't have enough cursed energy to see it there."

"So...what does it do? Does it just...let us see the curses, or..?" I asked, crossing my legs under the desk, making sure my skirt didn't roll up as I did.

"A jujutsu user's ability to control their cursed energy and use it to carry out certain functions is the base foundation for all jujutsu," Fushiguro answered. "There is a world of difference between being able to sense jujutsu and being able to use it."

"I wasn't able to use it until I came to the school," Itadori piped up. "I could just see the curses and stuff, but I never knew how to use any of my cursed energy until I was taught how."

"That's why you were so adamant about me coming to the school full-time?" I asked, looking back to Gojo. He, again, nodded.

"One of the first things you need to learn about using your cursed energy is to control your emotions," He said, leaning against the desk. "If you fail to control your emotions, your cursed energy output could be affected, and you or others around you could be hurt by it."

"He means just to keep a level head while you're using it," Kugisaki clarified, making me nod in understanding.

"It's lively in nature and difficult to use in its rawest form," Gojo said. "While raw cursed energy can be used for its blunt force, it's best used by sorcerers to power their techniques in the same way electricity is best used to fuel electronics. In this case, cursed energy is flowed into a technique to activate a sorcerer's unique abilities. However, cursed energy does not flow on its own. Proper control over your emotions is the key to channeling cursed energy. This makes it so sorcerers don't waste their power supply even while they're overcome with emotion. Understand?"

"I think so," I muttered. "If you don't learn to control your emotions, then you won't be able to control your output of cursed energy, and in order to use your energy, you need a technique to be able to transfer it."

"Exactly," Gojo grinned, obviously proud that I got that. "Why did you think I had Fushiguro's Great Serpent chase after you? I wanted to see how you could handle being attacked suddenly. Itadori caught on and that's why he asked to use his cursed energy. If you noticed, you would have been able to see him calm down, and actually face the problem without panicking."

"Yeah, well, I've never been chased by a 10-meter snake before," I huffed, rolling my eyes.

"You'll get used to it," Kugisaki said.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Anyway," Gojo said. "We need to figure out your technique. Your family are not sorcerers, are they?"

"Not that I know of," I muttered.

"Then, you'll need to create your own from scratch," He said. "What's something you're good at?"

"I dunno..." I thought to myself. "I can throw a shot put pretty far, but I don't think that's any help."

Gojo shrugged. "Give it a few days. We'll work more with it as we go on. Just keep thinking of things."

"Wait, where are you going?" Fushiguro asked, all of us watching our lanky teacher saunter over towards the door.

"I have some business overseas. I'll be gone for a few days, so you'll be doing normal training with the second-years while I'm away. However, Y/n-chan, you'll be sticking with Principal Yaga until I get back," He said, making me frown a little.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he's going to teach you how to control your cursed energy," He replied, looking back at me. "I can't have you falling behind my other students. So be prepared."

With that, Gojo exited the classroom, leaving the four of us alone. I frowned, watching his figure disappear down the hall.

"Don't worry," Itadori said, offering a smile. "It's kinda hard at first, but you'll quickly get used to it."

I leaned my cheek against my fist. "Man, if I knew this was going to be like learning a second language, I would have just stayed dead."

"What--"

"It was a metaphor," I quickly said, looking at Fushiguro, who was deeply frowning at me. "I didn't have a choice in that. I still don't know how that happened either."

"That's another thing we're going to figure out," He said. "The last time I checked, the dead don't come back to life, especially after they've gotten a literal hole through their stomach."

"Well," Kugisaki started, dragging her voice out. "Itadori did get his heart ripped out, and everyone knew he was dead, then he showed up a few weeks after training with Gojo, alive and well."

"Oh yeah," Itadori said like he didn't know that. "I remember that!"

"It happened to you, genius," Fushiguro rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah."

[Chapter XI. End]
[Image belongs to me]