―XXXVI. ONE DAY

CHAPTER XXXVI

CHAPTER XXXVI. ONE DAY, YOU'LL BE BACK IN MY ARMS.

WARNING: GORE, POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING, ANGST

__________________________________

"Eris-sama! Look what I can do!"

I turned away from the flowers in front of me to look as the girl called my name. I watched as she bounced with glee before placing her hands on the ground and doing a cartwheel. However, she wasn't the easiest on her feet, and she slipped on almost nothing before landing on her bum.

Her face turned red with embarrassment as I laughed at her, removing my hands from the petals of the roses. I moved towards her as she huffed out, pulling her hair away from her face.

"You're still not so graceful," I chuckled, offering my hand down to her. She took it and allowed me to help her back to her feet.

"I can't help it!" She said, bouncing up. "I don't get how you can do it so easily."

"You'll learn in time," I smiled, brushing some hair from her eyes. She grinned crookedly.

"So when are you going to let me become your underling?" She asked, grabbing the hem of her dress so she wouldn't trip over it. She was prone to doing that. A lot.

"Whenever you become ready," I shrugged.

"When will that be?" She asked, her e/c eyes shining with the question.

"Who knows? All of that depends on you, little one," I replied. "It could be today, or tomorrow, or not until another three years."

"I don't want to wait that long!" She groaned, throwing her head back.

"These types of things take patience," I said, placing my hand on her back. "Just let yourself relax. You have all the time in the world. You are only eleven years old."

"Well, if I don't start now, will I ever?" She asked.

"Eventually," I replied.

I sat down on the bench, and rather than sitting next to me, Y/n planted herself on the ground in front of me. She kicked her dress away before planting her feet on the ground with her knees bent. She leaned back against me.

"Eris-sama, how do you figure out what people are good, and which ones are bad?"

"Why do you ask?" I hummed.

"Just...curious."

"Good people and bad people are defined by their actions," I replied. "The humans in your village—they were bad people."

"You and Sukuna-sama are good people, right?" She asked. "I mean, you saved me from them and you've been good to me."

"In some eyes," I said softly, tipping her head back to meet my gaze. "We are monsters. Sukuna and I are cursed. We are no longer human. We are far from being what most people define as: good. But we are the way we are because of how we were treated when we were humans."