𒊹CHAPTER FIVE𒊹

As the sun revealed itself from the horizon, Gi-hun started to shift in his sleeping position, but awoke to the realization that he couldn't move. Starting to freak out, he quickly looked down and saw a strong pair of arms wrapped around him. He sighed, remembering that he was in Sang-woo's apartment and they slept beside each other. He felt safe again.

Gi-hun gently held Sang-woo's hands and carefully started to pry them off of him in an attempt to move Sang-woo. Hearing a low, tired groan from behind, he blushed as Sang-woo tightened his grip around him and buried his face further into his hair; so much so that Gi-hun could feel the other's lips on the back of his neck.

Sang-woo's tight hold on him made him feel more relaxed and safe. As Gi-hun stared off into nothing, he began to tear up. When was the last time he hugged someone? When was the last time Sang-woo hugged someone? Gi-hun turned his head as best as he could before struggling to turn his whole body around. Succeeding, he adjusted himself so he was a little further down than Sang-woo and wrapped his arms around him, pulling them both into a tight cuddle. More tears fell down his face as he begun to miss the people he'd share hugs with all the time. Sang-woo was one of them and when reality hit him, he cried silently into the younger man's chest, ultimately getting a specific spot on his shirt soaked with tears.

Sang-woo could feel Gi-hun's body shake from the tears, and he could feel his shirt progressively dampen with each passing moment. He eyes creeped open as the silent sobs and deep sniffles became clearer. He realized the new position they were in and looked down at the sad man.

"Gi-hun..?" He called to him tiredly. But Gi-hun have no answer. Sang-woo frowned and just stroked the other's hair gently. For the time being, Gi-hun was already lost in whatever was making him cry.

- SQUID GAME: GAME OVER -

Loud sizzling noises sounded throughout the house as Sang-woo cooked up some eggs. He glanced in the direction of his room, wondering if Gi-hun was still asleep or not. He had cried himself back to sleep so the you get figured he would make something for when he woke up again.

"Hey.." as if in cue, Gi-hun's tired voice could be heard entering the kitchen. He yawned as he sat down.

"Morning. Are you okay?" Sang-woo greeted and asked, briefly looking at Gi-hun before directing his attention back to the sizzling pan.

"Ah...I've seen undeniably better days, but I'll be fine." He said, shaking his head slightly.

"...why were you crying?" Sang-woo asked, turning off the stove and taking two plates to serve the eggs on. Gi-hun could feel his face heat up from the slight embarrassment.

"Aw geez...you were awake, huh...I just..I don't know...I needed a hug. And maybe you needed one, too." He replied as Sang-woo gave him a plate. "Thank you."

"A hug? Did you have a bad dream or..?" Sang-woo asked, starting to eat his food while the other just played with it a bit.

"No, nothing like that. Just...missing old times, I guess."

The only sounds that could be heard thereafter was the sound of utensils sliding against plates and maybe some faint chewing. Sang-woo wanted to ask the question he appeared to have only dreamt about but shook it off. Gi-hun didn't seem to remember the conversation anyway.

The two stranded men didn't seem to know what to do next. What could you do after something like that happens? Sang-woo picked up both their plates once they finished and washed up. He turned his head and looked back at Gi-hun, his glasses falling down his nose slightly.

"You can borrow some clothes from one of my drawers. They should fit you fine." He said as Gi-hun nodded, going to the other's room and beginning the search for something in his drawers.