🔺 CHAPTER 24 🔺

"Completely slipped my mind who you are. You were on a winning streak, too, the Korean police couldn't even touch you." Jun-ho said from outside Sang-woo's cell. The man in question had some food with him, instant ramen, that Jun-go snuck him. The young policeman noticed how silent he was being, "Guess it makes sense when you're more concerned with...you know." He said, trying to make some sort of conversation.

Sang-woo hadn't said a word. He only said 'thank you' when the food was brought to him. He didn't have the energy to keep a conversation going. Why was Jun-go even being so nice with him? He hated this, hated being in the one place he tried so hard to escape. He'd never see his mother again, never experience fresh air again.

He'd never see Gi-hun again. But did he want to, anyways?

Yes. More than he wanted to admit. Hatred clouded his mind but underneath that dark cloud of hate, heartbreak, and pain....he missed him. Needed him more than anything. He was scared. Terrified. If there was anything he needed in this cold place, it was Gi-hun's warm embrace.

'Fuck...I'm supposed to hate you, you piece of shit. I'm not supposed to want you.' He thought to himself, aggressively eating as he finished up the instant noodles. He didn't want some noodles to warm him up, he needed those helpless arms to hold him.

Splat.

The slimy sound of the leftover noodles and hot water sounded on the floor as Sang-woo got up from his spot and screamed out loud. Jun-ho, still being outside, got up and looked through the little window of the cell. He just watched as Sang-woo broke down, punching the hard wall with his bare hands.

"I'll take a wild guess; Gi-hun." He said casually, making the angered man stop his wall-punching frenzy, his knuckles aching like crazy.

"Shut up." He looked towards the window and glared dagger — not even, full on swords — at Jun-ho, who crossed his arms over his chest.

"I don't know what you guys have going on but...I can tell you want to see him-.." Jun-ho started before Sang-woo let out a loud yell to shut him up.

"No!! I never want to see his damned face again, I don't!!" He yelled, holding his head.

"Let me speak. My colleagues and I were discussing the situation. They were able to get Gi-hun's phone because he said he called his daughter from a pay phone." He said, looking around to make sure no one else was there, "he didn't make that call with his daughter the day you got arrested. You know what that means?"

"What?" Sang-woo inquired, holding his head in his hands, mentally stressing.

"It means that cancels out the possibility of Gi-hun making the call to rat you out. Cause why would he use a pay phone to call his daughter if he had his phone on him?" Jun-ho said and asked.

Sang-woo raised his head and looked at Jun-ho, clearly not convinced as his eyes still had that sharpness in them. Jun-ho didn't have Gi-bun's phone, since the said man took it home with him.

"Bullshit." Sang-woo said before flopping back down on the cold floor. He hung his head down low, a deep sigh escaping Jun-ho's lips, "that bastard probably paid you say that shit. For what? To make feel better. I already told him we're done so you can stop this nonsense." Sang-woo shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"If I had the proof, I'd show you. But for someone who misses him so much, you don't have a lot of faith. I'll prove it to you." Jun-ho said before leaving.

Sang-woo lightly hit his head back against the wall multiple times. The stress and anger were taking the form of tears welling up in his eyes. Hot, angry tears fell down his cheeks as he screamed and shouted out loud again. I hate you. I hate you. Over and over again, and screamed it as though Gi-hun would hear him from so far away.