9. palpitating

Chapter 9 - 9

Palpitating [ pal-pit-tat-ing ]
.adj (of the heart) beating rapidly, strongly, or irregularly
" As she looked into his eyes, her heart started palpitating. "

I gulped, while the younger me smiled widely. " Hello, Jake, Heeseung, Jay, and Jenyeon! I'm Jisoo and this is my little sister Lisa. Take care of us! " We bowed as they smiled. Their mother pushed them forward gently, " Go play! ". We all smiled and ran into the backyard.

" Can I give you all nicknames? " Everyone agreed and I continued speaking. " But Jisoo? " Jake spoke, " Can we just call you Noona? " I shook my head smiling, " Of course! I'll call Jake, Jakey and I'll call Jay.. hm... JJ! Heeseung will be Seungie and.. " I look over at Jenyeon, " I'll call you Jennie! ". A small, shy smile played out on her face, " I like that. ". We all chuckled and started to play until I felt panic rise inside me. Not future me, younger me. My younger self started to panic but why?

" What? " I said to myself, I suddenly got three feet smaller than normal, my voice pitch got higher and everything around me grew. I felt my body change, confused, am I stuck here forever? " Jisoo Noona! " Jake called out. Running towards his voice, he saw me. His eyes shimmer as he hugged me tightly. " I'm scared. "

" Why? " I stuttered, still slightly shocked that I'm reliving this.

" I thought I'd never see any of you again. " He sniffled between every word making it hard to understand but I still managed to do so. Before I could reply, he spoke again. " Jisoo Noona, can you help me find them?" I shook my head yes, the fear in his eyes turning into happiness. He grabbed my hand and dragged me through the forest. I glanced behind every tree, looked through every bush yet none of them were found. Panic started to rise over me again, what happened to them? Are they okay?

" Oh look, I found Jay Hyung! " Jay groaned and exited the bush he was behind.

" I see you found Jisoo Noona as well. ". I shook my head yes.

" Well, Noona, on to find the others. " We continued walking until I saw something further into fogged woods. I squinted staring at it, not being able to see its upper half, all I saw was a smirk. An unforgettable one at that, Lee Hyunjin. I was shaken by Jake, making me blink as Hyunjin vanished.

" Yes, Jake? "

" Let's go! Jay Hyung knows where Heeseung Hyung is! " I followed the younger boy as he hopped playfully through the woods who is following the older boy. We make it further into the woods, the path disappearing. This isn't good. " Jay, I don't think we should go any further into the woods. Jay chuckled, " Are you scared Jisoo Noona?". The future me started to leave younger me's body, going back to view it rather than living it. " No. " Fear was evident in my voice as I replied to the younger boys' taunts. It stopped letting me control what's happening, I'm back to having no choice. Was Jake right? Am I really time traveling and was that my chance to change the future? It was giving me time, time to prevent the attempted kidnapping, time to stop them from getting closer.

" Then let's keep going. " We kept marching forward. Younger me walked away from, clearly thought I saw Heeseung but I was wrong. Noticing that was just my imagination, I turned around to find Jay and Jake gone. Turning around again, a figure appeared in front of me.

" Hi, I'm lost, can you help me? ". He chuckled and picked me up by the waist. " Come on, I'll take you home. " I smiled shyly, foolishly believing his words.