Chapter 27: Final Three

The next day was not a good day.

"I hate it here."

When they got to the hideaway, they were greeted by Josh who told them that they would be giving speeches and they needed to make sure theirs were perfect. 

"Don't overthink it. Just write what you'd say to Bobby."

"That's actually a really good idea."

Lucas laughed. "I know."

Veronica's phone lit up with a text. She read it and groaned. "Great. All the girls are going shopping. Did I mention I hate it here?"

"A few times. Have fun."

She got dressed and met the other girls at the front door. She wasn't big on shopping, Travis had always hated her style anyway; managing to take the fun out of things had been his specialty.

The trip to town consisted of Chelsea telling everyone what their color was. Cara gagged when she was told her color was yellow.

"I'll wear black, thanks."

Blake whispered to Veronica. "Yeah, to match her soul."

They giggled until she shot a glare in their direction. "I thought you hated each other?"

The two girls ignored her as they arrived at the store and they all got out of the vehicle, each girl branching off to find the best dress.

Veronica had no idea what was in style, but luckily for her, Chelsea threw a bundle of dresses at her.

"Try these on!"

After she tried on almost every dress in the store, they finally agreed on a simple seafoam green dress. The color reminded Veronica of the beach house she would spend her summers at when she was young and she wanted to be surrounded by good memories from now on.

"Lucas is going to love it!" Chelsea took a picture of her and then made all the girls gather around in their dresses to take a selfie. "Say, 'Final Four'!"

----------------

When they returned to the Villa, they ran upstairs to hide their dresses and then headed downstairs to find the guys.

The girls laughed at what they saw Noah and Mark, plus Lucas and Henrik, twirling each other around on the lawn.

"Henrik, it's left, right, 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘳𝘭, feet together. Not feet together, twirl. You'll knock Chelsea over."

"Maybe we should just middle school it?"

Lucas shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

He wrapped his arms around Henrik's waist and they both swayed to the royalty free music the show had provided.

Chelsea giggled, making them all turn around. "You two are totes adorbs!"

Henrik blushed and stepped away from his dance partner. "Hey, Chelsea...Want to practice?"

The guys taught the girls the dance steps and Veronica had forgotten all about the speeches until Cara got a text.

"We have to write speeches? Ugh! Is this necessary?"

The show sent another text saying the speeches 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 important to show the public how far everyone had come.

"Cara, you and Mark were married."

"So?"

"So this should be easy for you."

She pushed past everyone and headed upstairs to write her speech. "You're right. It will be."