Job well done

It had been three weeks since Jimin had brought Arya to the ICU, three weeks that Jungkook continued to sit and stare at his best friend. 

But also, three weeks since he'd heard from Jimin. 

No texts, he always texted Jungkook at least three times a day, even if he never answered. 

No calls. 

No random pop ups. 

No random photos sent of the baby. 

Just complete radio silence. 

He felt it in his gut that Jimin was pulling away, Jimin was slowly leaving him. Despite the fact that Jimin had his daughter, he was leaving him. Much like Jungkook had left him. Had left them. 

He cried as he finally had the conversation with the doctors. 

"We're so incredibly sorry Mister Jeon" 

He'd nodded and cried some more. Finally, he had to pull the plug and move on. His boyfriend and his daughter needed him more than Sylvie did. And maybe this was still him helping her. She'd never want to be this way. He knew that. He knew he was making the right choice. 

"I'll visit tomorrow, my daughter needs to meet her mother again, and then we'll do it" 

"Of course" 

He texted Jimin to ask if he'd eaten, but he got no reply, he deserved it. He stopped by their favorite sushi place and spent a lot of money, he stopped at the flower shop and got a big beautiful bouquet for Jimin as well as a small fake pink bouquet for Arya that he could put in the nursery. 

He had a lot to make up for. He knew that. He wanted to try. 

When he pulled up to his house and got out of his car he realized Jimin's car was nowhere in sight. He figured they'd gone grocery shopping. He let himself in and the smell of rotten food, garbage, and spoiled milk hit his nose as well as flies zooming past his head "What the fuck" he cringed and walked out to the kitchen to see ripped up papers everywhere as well as a moldy cup of coffee "what?" His brows furrowed as he stared at everything, he opened the door to the fridge and had to cover his nose with his sleeve. Everything was rotten. 

Like it was turned off. 

His eyes widened in horror as he spun around and realized nothing was running. No clock on the stove, no clock on the microwave, no light in the fridge, and it hit him like a fucking truck. 

Not only had he abandoned them, but he couldn't even remember to keep the lights and water on for them. Basic human necessities, and he was too self absorbed to give them that. Jimin was doing everything for him and he couldn't even provide a decent environment for the two people who needed him the most. 

He cried. 

He did nothing but cry and curse at himself as he unrolled trash bags and discarded everything left behind. He cried and cursed himself some more as he used bleach to sanitize everything. 

He called and paid his bills, everything would be turned back on in twenty-four hours. 

He cried some more as he used bottled water to bathe quickly and get changed so he could go find his loves. 

They had to be at Jimin's. 

"Hi princess" Jimin beamed as he laid beside her on the floor, he'd gotten her a new playmat for tummy time, she was three months old, still slept all day for the most part, but he didn't see any harm in keeping her happy and having fun with her.