Doctor Kim

When Jimin finally walked into his apartment after spending a week at Jungkook's, he looked around at the playmat on the floor, the bottles by the sink, Jungkook's jacket hanging by his door, and he cried. 

Hard. 

He completely fell apart, dropping onto his knees and screaming in pain into his hands as he fell apart. It was too much, everything was too much. He could finally let it all out. 

He cried for;
His job
His parents
His friend
His love
His daughter

All of it came spilling out, he couldn't breathe and he couldn't stop. 

He hadn't had time to grieve over his parents or losing his job, he hadn't had time to mourn the loss of a sweet soul that became his rock, he hadn't had the time to accept that he was now a father to Jungkook's daughter, and he hadn't had time to mourn the loss of his prince charming. Sure, it was his doing. And he knew why it had to happen. 

But why did it have to be so goddamn hard? 

Why did Jungkook have to make him breakfast every morning, why did Jungkook have to praise him everyday, why did Jungkook have to look so fucking good being a father, and why did he have to smile like that? 

Couldn't he have just avoided Jimin completely? Left him on his own again, and ignored his existence? Why did he have to be so sweet and caring? Why did he have to offer Jimin joint custody of Arya? And why did he have to tell Jimin he loves him everyday, even when he thought Jimin was sound asleep on the couch. 

It's not fair.

And it hurts. 

Hours passed before Jimin could keep his head on straight enough to function properly. He put away all of his stuff from Jungkook's, except his jacket that smelled like Jungkook's house. He put it on with his sweatpants and decided to call his best friend. When Tae didn't answer he sighed and tossed his phone to the side, instead he opened his laptop and began searching for jobs. 

Four applications later his phone buzzed with a message 

Jungkook: I think someone is missing daddy #2 already 

It was a picture of Arya holding her stuffed teddy bear Jimin had gotten for her and made sure she slept with every night, she was squeezing it to death in her little hands and slobbering all over its ears. Jimin smiled as his tears built up again 

Jimin: I miss her already too 

And again tossed his phone to the side. 

After a long and excruciating week, Jimin was tired. He'd spent an entire week held up in his apartment, filling out applications, and rushing to his phone whenever it made a noise. He needed to reassure Jungkook over and over again that he was doing the right things, and he was taking good care of their daughter. He also cried every time Jungkook sent him a picture of their daughter. 

He won't admit that he set the selfie Jungkook sent him of him and Arya cuddled up in Sylvie's bed as his home screen. It's only because Arya looks too adorable, and has nothing to do with the stars in Jungkook's eyes as he looks at their daughter with his black messy bed hair and sleep still in his eyes. 
Nope. 

So, when Friday night came and Jungkook dropped Arya off, Jimin tried to keep his mouth shut. He didn't want to accidentally  say something truthful that he'd regret. Like an 'I love you' or 'please come sleep next to me because I miss you so much my body aches' or 'move in so we can live happily ever after with our daughter in our home' you know, the usual thoughts he stuffs down and locks away. Jungkook seemed to do the same.