Happier Days

Day 19 Cloytober: Remedy

❦❦❦

In the quiet of the night, when the critters slept and the wise owl hooted, a mother's singing voice that gave soul to the world of emotions, was raised gently in harmony with the stars as she swayed her little one to sleep.

Through song, a mother was conveying the boundless and unwavering love she held for her daughter and her family. Through song, a mother was made more beautiful and more tender by the visage of her child's eyes fluttering close to welcome the blissful promise of rest. Through song, there was love; a warm cocoon of it enveloping the mother and child as they journey on into their dreams together once again that night.

As Yoon Seri sang softly to their little Haneul that night, Ri Jeong Hyeok stood behind them in the doorway to their baby's room. Subconsciously, he was committing every detail about the view before him to his memory, for there was a softness in the air that was only ever apparent when the day closed to welcome the night.

(Song arrangement and lyrics are all written by me. All rights reserved🥰 Only sharing the first bit of the song because this was originally written for my boyfriend and therefore gets a little personal at the back heh! P.S. please don't mind my singing...I'm seriously not the best at it.)

"Every story has its ending.

Every star fades in the night sky.

Yet life goes on and on.

Baby, you're my never fading light.

I was lost and found.

With you I am unstoppable.

I love you.

In the light, in the dark.

Piece by piece, step by step.

We will walk, and we'll love.

I thank God for you."

As his wife sang, they could both hear the gentle plucking of a harp and the soft voices of a choir raised as one in the back of their minds, for this was a lullaby that they wrote for their baby together.

They wrote it together when they weren't even sure if they would ever be able to have a family they could call their own. They were both so in love, but all of life's problems weren't miraculously solved by love now, was it?

But they wrote that lullaby together, for it was the remedy that they needed; the healing balm that would soothe the bleakness that surrounded the idea of having children one day. They had both been so afraid, but they channelled all their hopes and dreams into the simple lullaby, weaved by a clever pianist's hands and a spirit-filled dreamer's heart.

They imagined, and by imagining, their dreams became reality.

They would forever be grateful to God for placing their little Haneul into their lives.

It was unfortunate that another part of that lullaby came through, for they didn't envision their story to end so soon.

And life went on...

For all of them, life went on albeit in different ways. Now they didn't even know where their family ended and where it began, for they still haven't found family in this lifetime.

Not yet.

That night, as the devil slumbered on, the lullaby played with a mind of its own, stirring the dormant familiarity of being a mother within her. Even though she had only been a mother to Ri Haneul for a year, it was still the most life-changing and beautiful year of her life.