ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚

꧁♡︎ꕥ♡︎ Y/n's P.O.V. ♡︎ꕥ♡︎꧂

day 1:

I walk through the door and quickly nod at the person behind the counter which is next to the entrance.

the cashier gives me a lazy wave and continues to play some weird game on his phone.

I hear the doors close from behind and quick footsteps catching up with me.

"can we go to the candy aisle?", Suna asks me.

"We need tomatoes first", I say.

"Are you really gonna buy them from here?", He asks with a disgusted look on his face.

"well I didn't come here for no reason", I say just roaming through the store.

"most stuff here is out of date", I hear him say.

"ew why?", I ask.

"because. I guess they don't have enough money", He says.

"yeah.. it looks like it", I say, trying not to sound rude.

I look around the place and realized it actually looks like trash.

"Why did you walk with me here if you don't like this place?", I ask him.

"oi I didn't say I dislike this place, I've been here a lot and it sorta brings back memories every time I come here. plus, the guy behind the register is okay. he's a weirdo but he's fine. I can hold a proper conversation with him", He says.

"he looks like a nerd to me", I say.

"well- no- well yeah he kinda is, but he's the only option I had before you arrived", He says.

"you see me as an option to be your friend?", I ask him.

"well, I've held a conversation with you so of course", Suna says.

"hm, thanks... I guess", I said as I still was looking around for the tomatoes.

"you really are going to buy them, aren't ya?", He asks as he starts to follow me.

"Yup! I don't know what my mother was cooking inside the caravan, but it smelled awful honestly. I might as well buy rotten tomatoes and tell her these were the best I could find so she can rethink finishing that dish... she might order some pizza", I say as we walked inside the vegetable aisle.

"you're smart", I say, before remembering that she IS from Shiratorizawa.

"thanks", she says while grabbing the most disgusting-looking tomatoes I've ever seen.

"is that all you're getting?", He asks me.

"Nope, I have some money left for snacks. if you want, you can pick something as well it's not my money I'm spending", I say while looking for the snack aisle.

"snacks are over there", Suna says while walking past me towards the candy.

I grab a bag of chips for myself while Suna is eyeing something further in the aisle.

"what are you staring at?", I ask.

"there are chuupets here..", He says almost drooling.

"where?", I ask while looking around. I haven't had chuupets in ages.

my eye falls on the colorful bag with the jelly sticks inside. I walk over and grab them before walking towards the register.

"you better give me some as well", I say to him.

꧁♡︎ꕥ♡︎꧂

"mom I promise, these were the best I could find!", I say while my mom looks at me irritated.

"well, now I can't finish dinner! I also don't have any other food... ask your dad if he can pick us up some pizza", Mom said.

I nod and turn around, grinning widely.

I walk outside of the tent that has now all the typical camping furniture in it and look at dad.

"pizza?", He asks, knowing what time it is. I nod. Dad stands up and checks his pockets for his wallet. "I'll be back in a few", My dad yells to my mom.

I sit down in the chair my dad was previously sitting in and kick my feet up to the little stool that was standing in front of me.

"Okay so your mom wants a pepperoni pizza, I'm assuming you want your usual and Hiroto wants a Margherita pizza. I haven't seen that boy all day. I remember him throwing that frisbee at you and running off", He says, reminding me of my brother.

"pizza's sound right, Hiroto will find his way back, you know him", I say before my dad shrugs and walks off to his car.

I look up to my right to see what Suna was up to, but I already found him looking at me.

"so your plan worked?", He asked softly so my mom wouldn't hear him. I look back inside the tent and see my mom already coming out with plates and cutlery. I look back and just put up my thumb while smiling.

I hear him laugh a little before I stand up to help my mom out.

꧁♡︎ꕥ♡︎꧂

"Are you having fun so far, Y/n? I know you'd rather be with friends", My mom asks me while we're washing the dishes together.

"well, when we arrived it was quite boring but I think it might become fun later", I say, thinking of the events from today with Suna.

"that's good to hear! I heard Hiroto say that he's kind of upset that most of the games in the gaming hall are too high up for him. maybe you and that boy from across can spend some time up there?", My mom suggests.

"sounds good to me", a low voice says from behind.

I turn around and I see Suna and his mom there, with a little girl behind the two.

"wanna go when we're both done then?", I ask him. "sure", he replies.

Suna's mother takes the empty sink next to ours. she and my mom both were having a conversation about the little store from earlier today.

"the quality of the food used to be so good! I have no idea what happened to it", Suna's mom exclaims, "I heard they are thinking of firing the guy at the register and closing the shop".

"What?!", Suna suddenly says. "I'm not surprised. that place looks like it hadn't had a good investment in a long time", I honestly say.

"Such a waste. it could have been a great place if they just bought better food and gave the place a clean up", My mom says.

"I think it's because of the new bowling alley they recently opened. last year the food was bearable but they have been opening new things just to get families with teenagers to come and visit", Suna's mom said.

"well it looks like it didn't work", I said honestly before getting a glare from my mom.

"well she's right though", Suna says, agreeing with me, "but they shouldn't let the place close down".

both of our families continue to clean our dishes.

End of chapter