ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

♡︎♡︎ Suna'sP.O.V. ♡︎♡︎

day 6:

it was around 4 am. I was laying in my tent, trying to get some sleep but wasn't able to. it had been a few days since the horror night and Y/n's knee had healed pretty well so far.

we haven't done anything interesting, to be honest. things are all going well but nothing exciting has been happening.

I decided to just go on my phone and see if anyone was awake. at 4 am, probably no one was awake but it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

I opened Snapchat and saw that I had received some replies on yesterday's story, including one from Y/n.

sent 5 minutes ago? maybe she's still awake.

I sent her a quick chat. and she opened it quickly.

I unzipped my tent and quietly walked over to the other side of the field.

I hit the cloth of the tent a few times. "come outside, let's go", I said.

I heard the zipper of the tent silently open and Y/n's head poking out.

"go where? there's nothing we can do", She replied, rubbing her eyes.

"so? let's just wander around", I said.

Y/n got out of her tent and threw on a hoodie and shoes and took her phone before walking over to me.

"any particular places you want to see tonight?", I asked.

"well, you said there was a beach near right? I haven't been there yet", She said.

"Alright let's go there then. the sun will start to rise in like an hour or so, so we can watch the sunrise", I suggested.

Y/n nodded and we made our way outside of the campsite.

♡︎♡︎

we were nearing the dunes. there was a wooden staircase that led us to the beach. we took off our shoes so they wouldn't get filled with sand and started climbing the stairs.

"I never noticed that this led to a beach", Y/n said.

"Did your parents not tell you?", I asked.

"nope, they probably thought it wasn't important", She replied.

I looked up and saw there wasn't a cloud in the sky and many stars were shining brightly, it looked really pretty.

"let's hide our shoes here, then we won't need to keep carrying them with us", I suggested and pointed to a bench.

we hid our shoes and made our way down to the sand.

the sand was not hot like on a typical summer day, but that didn't matter. I sat down in the sand and looked into the horizon where many stars were looking over us.

Y/n sat down next to me and let out a sigh.

"I was so bored, I didn't sleep at all last night", She said as she let herself fall back on the sand.

"me neither", I replied, joining her and laying down.

and that was it. just the two of us.

we didn't speak. we just lay there, enjoying the breeze and the nice view. enjoying the silence.

we both knew that soon the day would start and we would just be forced to socialize with our families for the entire day.

"look Rin, the sun is rising", Y/n says softly after a while of comfortable silence.

I opened my eyes and saw all the different colors filled in the air.

I looked to my side and saw Y/n looking at the sky as well.

the past few days I did get to know Y/n better. I haven't even known her for a week but it feels like we were childhood friends. the way we treat each other and our families do.

I looked into her eyes, the ones I've called pretty a few days ago, and mine widened.

I saw all the colors reflect in her eyes. she looked beautiful if I had to be honest.

she wasn't annoying like the other girls from my school or that I know. she was just fun to be around without her personality being overbearing.

I hope she likes being around me too, to be honest.

I don't know how long I've stared into her eyes but it felt like just a quick second until she interrupted my thoughts.

"rintarou? your phone is buzzing a lot. are you alright?", She asked me.

"I'm fine, just had a moment", I replied, looking away quickly and checking my phone.

"maybe you do need some sleep", She laughed, I laughed a little too.

My mom had sent me a text, asking where I was. I quickly replied I was with Y/n at the beach.

I looked back up and saw that the sky was completely blue already and that the first families had arrived for a day at the beach.

"We should start heading back, I need some breakfast, I'm hungry", She said, getting up and stretching.

I nodded and got up myself as well. we walked back up towards the bench where we left our shoes, put them on, and left to go back to the campsite.

♡︎♡︎ End of chapter ♡︎♡︎