ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘

♡︎♡︎ Y/n'sP.O.V. ♡︎♡︎

day 14:

"just one more week until we have to leave", Rintarou says.

"not going to lie, I'll miss this. a little bit", I say back.

not a little bit. I'm going to miss this a lot actually.

the days flew by so quickly with Rintarou. one minute we're just leaving our tent and saying good morning to each other and the other we're hiding from the old man during the evening.

I hate the fact that I have to leave and go back to school again. of course, I missed everyone, but this is different. I hope I'll get to see him again.

we were sitting around a campfire. or well, all the little kids were, we were just watching from a distance because our parents forced us.

"I bet the next week is going to end just as fast as the others felt", He says, leaning his back against the tree. I nod my head in agreement.

"Y/n-chan! I made a marshmallow for you", Aki said, running up to Rintarou and me, "I'll make one for you now rinrin!" she runs off back to the other kids.

"she is so sweet", I said as I took a bite out of the marshmallow.

"you don't see the devilish acts she does at home", Rintarou says.

"I can't imagine her, she's a sweet angel", I say, making RIntarou look at me with confused eyes.

"Don't let her fool you", He says, looking at Aki suspiciously.

day 18:

I still have today and tomorrow left. the day after I'll have to clean and we're leaving early in the morning. Only two more days with Rintarou.

We rented go-karts today, we went all over the campsite and even yelled while going past the old man's cottage, he chased us but we were too fast once again.

it was so much fun honestly.

after we went swimming at the pool and we played volleyball the entire afternoon! he taught me some things that I didn't even know.

we played some games at the arcade after. we had a rematch at the air hockey table, though he managed to win by one point again.

again with the compliments. he liked my smile today, he said he thought it was beautiful and it suits me.

I couldn't stop smiling.

day 19:

tomorrow we have to clean our tents and pack up our stuff, so does Rintarou. I heard we had plans to go out and eat at a restaurant.

we went to the beach today and ate some ice cream there. there were some swings placed a bit further on the beach where we had fun.

I did get sunburned but that's alright, it doesn't hurt a lot luckily. I can't say so for Rintarou. his entire back is red.

we did take some pictures though to remember everything we did.

I posted some on my Instagram and got flooded with questions from friends, asking if I had found a boyfriend.

and questions from my cousin, who was asking if I had officially stolen his best friend.

also, fun fact, Rintarou's hair is insanely soft. he somehow managed to get a lot of sand in it and couldn't get it all out by shaking so he forced me to help him. he just laid his head on my lap and took a nap the entire time. it was quite adorable if I had to be honest.

day 20:

cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.

it was all I did today. I barely got to see Rintarou until dinner.

we went with both our families to a restaurant outside the campsite and the food was pretty good.

after all of us were done, we went back and had to continue doing some tasks but Rintarou had managed to sneak away and take me with him so we could spend just a little bit more time together before leaving.

we walked to the beach and watched the sunset and the stars shine into the sky while talking for who knows how long.

we just sat at the beach until our parents found us and scolded us for sneaking off, but it was so worth it.

day 21:

there we were. both our caravans are attached to our cars, ready to be taken back to our homes.

our parents were at the front desk, paying for the time we stayed and Aki and Hiroto were just playing one last time with each other.

then there was Rintarou and me.

we didn't do a lot, just talk. only talked.

he told me he hoped he would see me again next year since he would come back.

I hope so too.

our parents came to get us and got our siblings into the car first.

right before my mom called me to leave, I gave him one last hug. a tight one.

I felt a hand put itself on the top of my head, stroking the hair that was there.

and a pair of lips planting a small peck on top.

I looked at him one last time.

one last smile is what he gave me.

the same soft and kind smile he showed me that one night I was too afraid to walk past the old man's cottage.

I got into the car and saw him wave one last time before we drove off.

♡︎♡︎ End of chapter ♡︎♡︎